Where does the governing body live?

That place is called "La-la-Land"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

on the star Alcyone in the Pleiades constellation

• inkling
    inkling

Where does the governing body live?

Two miles up their own asses... er, assets.

[inkling]

• Quandry
    Quandry

Also would like to know if anyone out there has any pictures of the pyramids that some say are on the top of the watchtower building.

I think the pyramid you are referring to is a large one in the cemetary in Pennsylvania, marking the gravesite of the WTS founder, Charles T. Russell. He is the one who said that the pyramids of Egypt were "God's witnesses in stone."

The Governing Body all have rooms in Brooklyn Bether, and eat provided meals in the cafeteria. Their clothes are washed in the laundry facilities there. They have a small monthly stipend in money, and traveling expenses for the many places they go in the world.

Rooms are given on a seniority bases-better rooms for those that have been there longer. I would imagine the GB have nice rooms, and don't have to have roommates.

They also have their own offices.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't have concrete proof but when I visited Patterson I was under the impression that this newer facility had accommodations for the GB and became the home office in 2002.

http://www.oregoninsurance.org/annual_report/2002_division-annual-report/02_financial-statements/pt1-pg5.pdf

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Most of the GB have travelled the world at the expenses of the multimillion dollar corporation.
    They were wined and dined and stayed in top hotels. They were picked up at the airport
    and driven to all their important meetings with people who would give them green handshakes
    for bothering to come out and help such lowly unimportant people. That is the end of their
    lavish lifestyle. Still, it's great compared with the road to get there.

Poverty awaited one GB member who left Bethel unless he made money on his own. The rest
    know that is an alternative. While the lifestyle isn't too bad, they see no reason to accept such
    a horrible alternative.

When they discover how the organization works behind the curtain, they deny that God wouldn't
    work in such a manner. They must.

When they are asked to decide on matters that effect human lives, they are told how the organization
    always comes first until they are able to accept that. It must.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Crooklyn

• StAnn
    StAnn

I was talking with a man about a month ago who was recently "laid off" from Wallkill. He said that he has cleaned some of the apartments that the GB live in and they rival the nicest penthouse suites you will find anywhere. Total luxury. He didn't mention which facility those apartments were in, however. He also said that the GB always drive around in brand new Cadillacs. They have a new Cadillac "donated" to them every year by appreciative, well-off Dubs.

StAnn

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl

I read a really good piece of writing by a brother who had visited Bethel for a week to do some instruction in airbrushing to their graphic artists. He met a brother there who invited him up to his room, which really impressed the airbrush guy because it was so much bigger and more luxurious than any of the other rooms he had seen. Turned out that the Bethelite in question was (GB member) Leo Greenlees' lover and shared the room with him.

Ray Franz's Crisis of Conscience has a pic of his room at Bethel. It was pretty nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit