Your Favorite 80's Music Groups or Songs - What Did You Like ?

by flipper 73 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

The 1980's was certainly a strange time for rock groups, and musical development. Lots of techno, beginnings of alternative , and some rock n' roll groups trying to push along. What were your favorites ? Here were some of mine :

1. The Police - Favorite songs by them - Message in a Bottle , Bring on the Night, Driven to Tears,
    Spirits in the Material World are a few.

2. U2 - Favorite songs by them - One, Electrical Storm, Mysterious Ways, Discotheque, Staring at the Sun

3. INXS- Favorite songs by them - Need You Tonight, What You Need, Mystify, Devil Inside,Beautiful Girl

• oompa
    oompa

damm i dont do decades well...but maybe b-52's...zztop...and Bruce Springsteen?...loved the river tour..or was it the one before that....damm..pink cadalllac??..sorry..........oompa...but hey billy oceans opened for bruce and it was AWESOME!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I've got a bunch of the 80s songs. The popular ones, as well as some obscure ones, in MP3 format.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

Van Halen!!, Heart, Madonna, Def Leppard, ZZTop, Stray Cats, Duran Duran, Guns N Roses. Of course--my husband and I listened to this privately. This thread is making me feel soooo old!!

Meow

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think The Cars are my favorite non-metal 80's group.

• ataloa
    ataloa

Journey, Heart. I liked the Cars, but they didn't interact with the crowd one iota.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- I agree, Springsteen was great ! Glad you got to see him live ! Billy Ocean had some good tunes. He was good live too ? Great. Who can forget the " Love Shack " B-52's . Great dance tune !

OCTARIAN PRINCE- So you have a big collection ? Cool ! Which obscure ones do you have ?

PANDORA"S CAT- Great groups you named ! Sorry it makes you feel old. Hey lots of these groups are still playing ! LOL! I too liked Van Halen, ZZ Top , Duran Duran ( was just listening to them today greatest hits), Guns and Roses definitely rocked ! Great tunes !

DAN the MAN- Yes, I agree. The Cars had some great tunes ! I think they were a bit underrated and should have gotten a bit more notoriety. Perhaps it was the synthesizers . But the eternal mystery of them will make all men wonder out loud- how in the hell did Ric Ocasek the lead singer score getting beautiful Pauline Porscuka as his wife ?? Still figuring THAT one out !! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• brinjen
    brinjen

Loved INXS, Mystify definitely my favourite.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV4ffVkpSM

The second fave being Burn For You

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-2Wqhs86Q

The female vocalist in that song was Jenny Morris, another favourite. This one is Get Some Humour.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1xHuSaY-dk8

And Lighthearted, see where it was filmed?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qKNEoi5l9Xw

• amicus
    amicus

Hmm, hard to pinpoint 80's. I remember Police playing in an E Denver suburb in '78, '79? Roxanne was just starting to get airplay.

U2 was one of the Irish bands to go far, my favourite was "October".

REM did Murmur (mumble) about then. (I could live a million years all in one, all in one)

Tom Petty?

Magnolia still haunts me. One of Tom's best songs, talk about a bittersweet love song.

"I remember the smell of the wind through the sweet
    Magnolia
    And I know that she's out there somewhere in the world
    She's forgotten me but I remember her
    Magnolia "

Hmm...Bob Marley? I think he wrote Redemption song about then. One of the best Anthem songs of all times. "Pirates yes they rob I, sold I to the merchant ships, many times they took I, to the bottomless pits, but my arms were made strong, by the hands of the Almighty. We flowered in this generation, triumphantly. Won't you help to sing, Remdemption songs, songs of freedom. because all I'll ever have is redemption songs"

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I loved def leopard!!

And JOURNEY!! I got to meet them at my first "Halloween party"!!

Party'd with them for 4 days. And I mean party'd!! Got to go back stage to 2 concerts at the dallas arena!!

Got to know Steve pretty well!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit