Do You Love Learning New Things?

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
  • amicus
    amicus
    I am currently on the University of The Internet. If some topic interests me, I type it into Professor Google and get a bunch of material on it.

I like just wandering through that University at random, like being at a Carnival looking for a good ride. If I find a ride that might have promise, I hop on and enjoy. Those can be some pretty long rides too.

I don't watch tv, not even connected. I'm a book person. Somethings seriously wrong if I'm not working on a book or two.

My latest haunt is the local library. If they don't have it, they can get it. This includes music cd's and movie dvd's.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, how do we avoid learning new things....the only people who don't learn are dead.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Yesterday a teacher told me she figured I was no stranger to the library because I knew too much stuff. I told her I did not think it was possible to know too much stuff.

Knowing the right thing at the right time is so sweet.

I am an autodidact, but I would rarely mention that in public as I know it would mostly be misinterpreted.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Why don't you ask my wife?...............................................................nah she wouldn't know ethier.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I don't just love it I luuuurrrrve it.

(Coco, can you come to the fest in Tahoe please?)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Hmm...I like meeting new people, new cats, seeing new places...new art! New books.

I am coming to resent needing to learn new things in my professional life. I suspect this means I'm bored and need to reevaluate my life. Perhaps I should consider selling deathsticks on Coruscant?

But today I am tired...no, I don't wish to learn a new career...perhaps later after a nap.

EDIT: Oh, and I actually have a rather poor visual memory - but extremely good audio recollection and analysis.

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

I love to learn new things also!!! I always was an avid book reader---but never had the time to pursue it. Going to meetings, field service, reading the Society's publications took any spare time I had. In the last couple of years I have been able to figure out what I really like to do. Sad huh? Being so busy in the organization can make a person lose their identity of who they really are.

Meow

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I used to enjoy learning new things. Not so much anymore. I can only retain so much and then it feels like sensory-overload.

Am I better informed or truly wiser.

When I was in my 20's and a JW I thought I knew it all.

Now in my 50's I know I dont know it all and I know neither does anyone else. Is that wisdom?

Wait a minute, maybe I do know it all.

We are all going to pay taxes and we are all going to die.

Thats life what else is there?

So far whatever I have learned has not enabled me to get to where I want to be.

I still have to get up and go to work everyday, I cant escape that. I can learn things to make my work a little easier and more comfortable. But I still have to work.

If I could learn to be free and not have to work that would be something.

• seagrl
    seagrl

my joy was being able to learn about anything i set my mind to, even the metaphysical, which I could never have done while "in". I can do things now that would have caused me gulit in the past, such as have some birthday cake, buy a xmas present, and get drunk if I want to!! So good to be free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit