Are You Content Within Yourself?

by AK - Jeff 48 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Summer,

Aren't you worried of being recognised now?

No. I have a beard now.

HS

• *summer*
    *summer*

See if I care, Hillary...

I am still content~

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"I'm a loner / but I'm never alone"...

Actually, yes, I'm generally a loner. After the bOrg, I was religiously free and happily so; I eventually sought some sort of community to explore my spirituality, and happened upon a group that had the goal of making me independent in my spirituality. That worked out rather well.

I recognize those parts of myself that seek connection and close relationship. I have a few very close friends, and we have dispersed over time across the States. We maintain contact, though not in the physical sense.

I do not do well in crowds. It takes me a very long time to build trust with individuals. I have a mate, and we both share a discomfort with lots of external contact. If we didn't have each other, we'd get along pretty well lliving alone.

Gregarious people get frustrated with me - I don't seek or want lots of company, visiting, get-togethers. I find these things exhausting, and while I value the inner sense of connection and knowing I'm valued and understood, I don't need that from a large group of people.

Among my happiest times are driving with my favorite music, meditating alone, eating dinner with my mate, sleeping with the cat on my feet. And seeing my parents...once in a while.

• changeling
    changeling

Most of the time.

changeling :)

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Hey Jeff,

Another Mark Knofler fan here! I'm in the middle, half introvert and half extrovert. I enjoy both positions to a point.

Outaservice

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am getting there .....I know for sure I am more content with myself now than when I was trying to fit into the JW mold .

I enjoy time out with friends ,but honestly am relieved when I can spend quite time alone .

• changeling
    changeling

I just have to say that different people have different social needs. Some are introverts, some extroverts and some fall somewhere in between. One way is not better than another.

I for one am a moderate extrovert, where my husband is an introvert. His need for social interaction is almost nil. I on the other hand feed on being around people. Not any people, I don't care for large crowds or just being with anybody for the heck of it. But true comeraderie with a dear friend or small group of friends is precious to me.

I can be happy alone reading, watching TV, doing housework...but then all of a sudden I NEED people. I need conversation.

When one partner squashes the social needs of another or pushes their partner beyond a point where they are comfortable you have a recepie for trouble.

Understanding and valueing our differing needs and not making those who are not like us feel bad is essential.

changeling :)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

<------- I am so excited I finally remembered how to put a picture for an avatar up again ...yay me :)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

changeling that was a very good post . I feel that way myself.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have been a loner all my life. Like others here I have freinds but would rather be alone.

I do not like crowds, makes me nervous.

Content? I would say no...there are many things I would like to do and experience but it fails past the JW wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit