Are You Content Within Yourself?

by AK - Jeff 48 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If I am not content within myself, who could I be content within?

Please use pictures in your answer.

• hillary_step
  • BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That's Beth Sarim in the background during my last visit to San Diego.

alt

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

laugh away, but her sister wasn't bad.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You look much "warmer" than I had imagined, hs.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Hillary...

Aren't you worried of being recognised now?

Edited to add...I never thought I would see the day, but i DO agree with nvr

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

With the exception of going out to do a story or the ocassional lunch meeting, I work at home, and my husband usually works long hours, so I'm alone a lot. And I like it, but I also enjoy Friday nights when my best girlfriend and her son bring Chinese food and we sit and talk and laugh for hours. I also like the holidays, because there are always tons of people around. It seems everyone is so busy these days that the only time I get to see them is during big dinners or parties.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a lot of friends before I was a JW. I lost them all when I converted and I never really fit in with the JWs either. Now that I'm out I have 1 friend, and I'm fine with that. I enjoy my own company and that of my birds. I have my hobbies and projects around the home. I can cook my own Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, enjoy them by myself and not feel lonely. I even baked a hazelnut cake for my bird's birthday, but the bugger only ate the whipped cream. I'm happy with my life, and I don't feel the need to impress anyone or gain approval from others.

If you can't be happy within yourself, everything else is pretty much meaningless.

W

• llbh
    llbh

Yes very much so.. Since leaving the wts i have learned to trust myself more.

I am natuarally a very gregarious person, and like a number of such people i need time to reflect, which i do when no one is up .

In the last year i have been more happy within myself than ever, and am planning change, which i looking forward to.

As an aside i am enoying cultural things far more

I am definitely not a loner

Regards

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit