Are you now involved in a different religion or structured group?

by feenx 24 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

I was browsing another post where WTWizard implied membership in another group, and was asked what it was. That got me thinking...since coming out the society, has anyone embraced another organized religion or group, public or secret? If so, what is it, and what made you join and continue membership? I personally am not a part of any organization. I toyed with the idea of going to a Mason lodge, but that was purely out of curiosity. I can't see myself being in any structured environment again, though I know not everybody feels that way. And as far as my beliefs I still choose no labels. I prefer the term Spiritual Anarchist. I think it's a very interesting thing to see how different people change in different ways after their JW exodus.

feenx

• Gopher
    Gopher

You're unaware of the "UAD" -- United Apostate Directorate? We're that anti-JW part of Satan's organization that the WT Society keeps talking about. We're highly organized. (Yeah right, like you could organize apostates or herd cats.)

The only structured group I belong to is the company for which I work, and sometimes even that doesn't seem to be very structured.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No. Anything demanding any kind of conformity gives me panic attacks.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm with Jamie. I have a hard time even attending classes for things I'm interested in.

Cellist

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

same here.religion pisses me off,and the idea that it is done w/free will by many,just blows me away..why not just drink dirty water,or hit your self in the head w/a rock?Cant do classes either,or even commit to anything.too many years of tyranny have left their mark....

• feenx
    feenx

I agree. F*CK conformity. I am not one of the herd. Once one loses their own, pure, train of thought...they lose themselves.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I went to college almost immediately after leaving the dubs. College classes are very structured, but as free thought and lively debate are encouraged there, the structure imposes no burden at all.

Nowadays, I keep pretty much to myself -- family, work, gardening. That's about as much structure as I want now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ex JW's at meetup.com. But we are not really a structured group.
    We are a support group that meet without an agenda at a restaurant
    once a month. Other groups like this exist in various cities and most
    have no agenda but to "support."

No religious group. Some of our members belong to a church or a synagogue
    or something. I could never.

• changeling
    changeling

Hell no!!!!!!!!!

changeling :)

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am like Jamie and OTWO. I can not join a religious group either. However a few of us have a 'Meetup" in Phoenix. We're really a diverse group, kind of like here only we get to eat something and have a drink too. Our agenda is support, non-judgmental, non-doctrinal and a lot of shared laughs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit