Are you now involved in a different religion or structured group?

by feenx 24 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I found a "secret" society (remember, the washtowel loves to bash those things) based on Aristotelian philosophy. It is, in fact, very liberating and is not another damaging cult (independent thinking and cross-referencing the material is highly encouraged because it helps to become more fully integrated in your thinking).

1. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    2. Because of this rule (and because I do not wish to get the material contained in that "secret" society in Ted Jaracz's hands so he can twist it around and use it to force the organization to push the crap on the public), I will not mention it here on the open forum. Definitely, I do not want to leak a secret where the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger can create a more powerful Washtowel Slaveholdery that will be even more difficult for people to leave than it already is.
  • Twitch
    Twitch

No, and never will be again. Lone wolf till I die.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I have been a Methodist since being baptised as an infant. Never resigned. Spent 25 plus years with the JW's all the time being a Methodist!

I belong to the Lion's Club, IOOF, IOOF Rebecka's, Chamber of Commerce, The Republican Party...Also served on the City Council, and belong to my High School Alumni Association as well my College Alumni Association.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Ya know I tried ! I left the org in 1999 I think (LOL) and in 2001 I was baptised in a baptist church. I felt good about it and felt it was the right thing to do. I tried other types of baptist churches and a few non- denominations but I just got tired of the unscriptural doctrine. It's called legalism and something about legalism that is unscriptural digs me way down deep and I cannot tolerate them "organised religion"

I have found through scriptural study that the most important thing we can do is to be kind to others and trust God with all your heart mind and strength. Believe in who Christ is and what he done on the cross was done for you and that is all I need. I am not very trustworthy when it comes to organised religion, I feel that the monies donated to their organisations are miss used and abused. I believe that some followers might even be abused in their churches.

So My answer is No !!!

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i'm not religious, so no religious groups for me, thanks.

in addition to that i have some kind of organization-mania. i can't join any club, organization, team, whatever. i even have a hard time joining an online forum. hell, although i used to play in a few bands, i just am not up to form or join another one.

i think this is because i feel that any organization expects something from me and i can't and don't want to guarantee that i'd live up to the expectations, which might be as simple as showing up once a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit