Williams Sisters can't vote, but can be part of the U.N.!!!

by ohiocowboy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the official WTS position on voting is that the individual jw makes a personal choice not to vote just like choosing not to have a blood transfusion and not to enter the military. The WTS does not want to get into trouble with governments by "telling" their members they can't do these things. I remember during the draft era that the elders were cautioned not to tell young jws not to enter the military.

*** w99 11/1 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***There may be people who are stumbled when they observe that during an election in their country, some Witnesses of Jehovah go to the polling booth and others do not. They may say, ‘Jehovah’s Witnesses are not consistent.’ People should recognize, though, that in matters of individual conscience such as this, each Christian has to make his own decision before Jehovah God.—Romans 14:12.

Whatever personal decisions Jehovah’s Witnesses make in the face of different situations, they take care to preserve their Christian neutrality and freeness of speech.

• Alexia
    Alexia

I have known of people proudly proclaim that they are JW, yet they haven’t stepped foot into a KH since the Regan Administration. It’s not like the WTBTS is going to DF them if they are not even seen near a KH.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

they are as close as it gets to 'Jw in name only'. I saw them wrap themselves in the American flag in Sydney several years ago after victory in the Olympics. I knew then they were just wearing the badge.

Jeff

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Funny how celebrities, or those with megabucks can get away with anything they want.

They are some of the most hypocritical people on earth.

• Celia
    Celia

Have you seen this ? Anyone wants to leave a comment on that site ? (bottom of article)

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/8284622?MSNHPHCP>1=39002

the link doesn't seem to be working....

pearblossom
    6/27/2008
    4:01 AM
    (report inappropriate content)

Please do not judge Jehovah's Witnesses by these two yoiung women. Theyare a far cry from our fine young people who truly live up to God'a standards as set out in the Bible. And as suggested,If you want to know what we truly believe ask us when we knock on your door.

Changamwe
    6/27/2008
    3:58 AM

It's a Free Country isn't? Being a Jehova's witness is her reason why she will not VOTE. She was asked a question, what did you want her to answer, if what she say's is not good enough for you????????????..You have no religion that's cool..so do a lot of people around the country.

LEADPIPECINCH
    6/27/2008
    3:45 AM

I'm a Jehova's witness and we don't get involved in politics?????????????????
    ?

WHY THE H-E-L-L EVEN BRING IT INTO THE CONVERSATION?????????

Bestdes, it's TENNIS..........WHO CARES????????

LEADPIPECINCH
    6/27/2008
    3:41 AM

She's not gonna vote because she doesn't know how to make an X....

Must be nice for her to be able to pick when she's gonna get religion....What a big joke,,,

rubyreba
    6/27/2008
    3:40 AM

I am done with organized religion. It took me 48 years to reach this conclusion but I am so relieved to have finally understood that very little good comes of it. Join the YMCA, the PTA, any other group of humans that does good works but more evil has been done in the name of organized religion than any single human being could of his own volition. How sad! How incredibly sad.

sharpgirl82
    6/27/2008
    3:31 AM

Any Jehovah's Witness who reads this article and knows how the girls have portrayed themselves in the media, etc., would be appalled at the fact that we now have to explain why certain people pick and choose when their beliefs kick in. Please don't consider the Williams' sisters representative of all Witnesses. And if you have questions about why we do or do not do certain things, talk to one of us personally when we knock on your door.

boredsilly
    6/27/2008
    2:36 AM

PeterGuns.. I think you should read your own posting; they are like the rest of this planet...self serving jerks that place their values, opinions and self importance far above where it actually lies...In the gutter!

PeterGuns
    6/27/2008
    2:16 AM

Who cares what tennis stars, football stars, baseball players,hollywood stars, or religous freaks think. they are like the rest of this planet...self serving jerks that place their values, opinions and self importance far above where it actually lies...In the gutter! Using religion to justify anything is just like religion itself, useless, worthless, and a waste of time. Enjoy your sunday service this week and remember your wallet because without it your curch does not want you! Think about them apples.

tkeoa529
    6/27/2008
    2:13 AM

one final item before i turn in, how many times have you gotten suckered into a candidate by the phrase "no new taxes" and when is the last time our taxes were lessened? look at our gas prices! it's not a tax in the true name of taxes, but it is a tax, maybe not on individual citizens, but a tax on us as a country. jehovah's witness, mormon, baptist, catholic, jewish, muslim, lutheran, or methodist, you and the williams sisters need not bother with voting, it's choosing the lesser of two evils. politicians don't care about us or our needs. they're rich, they have no need for us except to give them more power

tkeoa529
    6/27/2008
    2:01 AM

since we read ths article. besides, my reason for not voting is better than hers. all politicians are liars and ####'s. they'll tell you what you want to hear to get your vote, but they have their own personal agendas, and that's what they care about.

ryan517
    6/27/2008
    1:56 AM

She's a JW?
    Really?
    Since when?

tkeoa529
    6/27/2008
    1:46 AM

not to talk smack about jw's, but do you think you'll ever see the williams sisters going door-to-door? one of the main focuses of the jw's is spreading the word.

mclemm
    6/27/2008
    1:27 AM

They made their votes already, it is for God's Kingdom with Jesus reigning as King

Novboy
    6/27/2008
    1:22 AM

Serena doesn't vote because she's a JW, but she was seen in a club cheesn' with Zab Judah that same night Zab and his wife got into an argument.

ryno657
    6/27/2008
    12:52 AM

Most people are only religious when it suits them. I am not bashing JW's or Mormons or any specific religion. The people who talk about it the most are usually the ones who use it to their advantage and only when its convenient.

SoulRebelJC
    6/27/2008
    12:41 AM

Religion. What a stupid thing it is.

SIERRAFJZ
    6/27/2008
    12:39 AM

Her religion does not prohibit her from voting. Every Jahovah's Witness makes decisions based on what they have learned from deeply studying the Bible.

BradLWoods
    6/27/2008
    12:28 AM

I guess Serena is a Jehovah's Witness whenever it suits her. She's certainly done a lot of things most Jehovah's Witnesses don't.

ehsraptors
    6/27/2008
    12:13 AM

Yeah, no ones cares who they vote for but Michelle Obama is not hot hahaha crazy ppl

L8Nite
    6/26/2008
    7:35 PM

Like he cares what they think anyway. Michelle Obama is extremely hot.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks for the link Celia. I can't wait til the page comes back online, so I can make a comment or two...

• undercover
    undercover

I saw in this morning's paper (6-27-08) that the Williams sisters would be representing the USA in the Olympics...

...but yet they don't get involved in politics...

The Olympics are supposed to transcend politics but the reality is that it's as political as any event on earth. Maybe not for the participants themselves but for the respective governments and most of the people watching, national pride takes 1st place over the sport or athlete. And now Sister Williams is going to go on this flag waving propaganda trip...

• joebin
    joebin

Maybe the WT is a sponsor. Every mention of JW and they cash in..kinda like a pay per click.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I thought you could not be a "celebrity" of sorts if you were in the JW's????

She should have kept her mouth shut....makes them look worse.

I remember Donna Summer was a witness at some point, now I just read an article saying she is a "born again Christian"

and what about Michael Jackson.?... ha ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit