Witnet closes its Door for good...

by Pathofthorns 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandit
    Xandit

What an interesting influx from Obed's site. I was a very rare poster there myself. To be honest I haven't found much here lately to interest me but perhaps things will be a little more lively now. I notice there also seems to be a lot of new people at Great Crowd. What's the deal there? How do you get access to the more serious discussions?

• Xandit
    Xandit

Kingdom Least are you a "Bible Student?" And I don't mean one who studies the Bible. Just curious.

• RR
    RR

Greetings X, actually I have been a baptized JW for over 18 years. I grew spiritually stagnant and began associating with the Bible Students. I have known about them for some fifteen years and have been meeting with them for the past eight or so.

I have never been DF'd or formally DA'd and despite my JW friends knowing [among them bethelites, elders and servants] none have said a word, perhaps their envious ... lol

In my travels within the Bible Student world, I have found former JW elders, servants, pioneers, bethelites, even one CO.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• TMS
    TMS

A current thread asks how long posters have been in the forum. I found the first thread I posted to after leaving Witnet. My recollection is that Witnet started out pro-JW and sort of evolved. I carried my obviously theocratic handle "tms" over into JWD to retain continuity.

tms

• RR
    RR

Hey TMS, I always used the handle RR or RR144, dependi9ng on how many characters allowed for user name. I started on Witnet from the beginning, when Obed had the forun on www.about.com. You are right, Witnet started out pro JW, but then it became a place for comparing notes and Obed lost control. Later he found out I was inactive and banned me, so I came back as KingdomLeast and posted until the end of its run. I actually had lunch with Obed and his wife, as we both lived in New Jersey. He seemed like a nice guy, a bit conflicted. Last I heard he moved to Atlanta, had a couple of kids, heard he was divorced, but can't say for sure .... the rumor mill you know.

RR

• TMS
    TMS

RR,

Yes, I remember you and your informative posts. Witnet was a great place to start.

tms

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit