Witnet closes its Door for good...

by Pathofthorns 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Seven
    Seven

Welcome RR! Good to have you here. Btw, interesting homepage.
    Seven
    Hello again, Nelly!
    Helen,Interesting job you have. There are many states that are moving to close their institutions where retarded citizens have lived most of their lives. They are being placed in group homes throughout their communities often separated from life long friends. It is heartbreaking to see this happen. Elderly parents of these residents are now very concerned about what will happen to their son or daughter
    after they are dead. In my area, many retarded citizens living in group homes have jobs or attend the workshop designed for them. The ones I feel for are those requiring complete custodial care who are shoved in the first available nursing home and forgotten about, away from everything and everyone they've ever known and loved. I'd like to hear about your job if you ever feel like talking about it.

Seven

Edited by - SevenOfNine on 14 December 2000 14:7:1

• Angharad
    Angharad

Just to hello and welcome to all the newbies that have joined in the last few weeks, I hope you all find this place helpful, comforting or whatever you looking for at the moment

• RR
    RR

Thanks for the welcome. To be quite honest, I didn't even know about this site. I knew about Greatcrowd and WOL, but this one was a surprised, I guess I have Obed to thank for that.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• Jonny
    Jonny

Hello I'm a refugee from witnet. I hope you don't judge over your brother's eating habits(Romans 14:2,3)
    By closing threads, when sensitive issues come up.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hi Jonny.

Welcome I enjoyed your comments over at Witnet. There's no closeing of threads here.

As for "judging" your brothers, its nice to see that you don't

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Hey All You Newly Ones.....

just couldn't resist the cheap humor.

Glad to hear from new ones - and a couple of others such as maxee and somebody. Is this a hint that I've been posting waaaaay too much - bring in the new blood?

I really enjoy the company - wear poor old Path's computer screen out sometimes.

Welcome.

We don't have sensitive subjects in general. We do try to be open and civil - and only a few of us are quick tempered (watch out for carmel [too much desert sun on his bald head]).

I like to prepare people for carmel......

waiting, much unlike carmel's temperment

• waiting
    waiting

WOW WOW WOW......

WOL in definitely not a supporter of Obed, now are they? Not even non-committal of the situation - down right hostile!

Makes me shudder to think what they might think about us, eh?

Well, the rest of you anyway.

waiting

ps: Thanks, Path, for putting in clicks in the top of this thread.

Edited by - waiting on 14 December 2000 21:32:8

• RR
    RR

Hi Jonny, where's your buddy 'KingdomLeast'?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, everybody. Don't worry, Simon never shuts a thread down....so we just yell at each other until we're exhausted.

Actually, the group here is pretty laid back and friendly. Some excellent thinkers here, also; and some very thought provoking threads. I'm sure you'll all add a lot to the site.

Just be careful of waiting....she's got a temper (shhhhh....she's Southern, you know.....and she's pretty old and cranky.....humor her).

• Simon
    Simon

Yes...we never close threads here...although I must admit that it does have a lot to do with the fact that I never finished writing that bit of the software
    The new version I'm working on will add a lot more features that ex-Witnet members will probably be used to such as Private Messaging and also some new stuff such as Buddy Lists and Instant Chat.
    It's coming...honest !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit