"An Encouraging email"- i really almost threw up.....

by New light for you 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• New light for you
    New light for you

Ok.... are you a glutton for punishment? you'll love this "ENCOURAGING EMAIL".....

I just received this experience from a friend, how loving a Father Jehovah is!!! ysKate
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to tell you this wonderful experience I heard from a sister I met at the DC last week. There was a Down's Syndrome boy born to a pioneer sister in Jacksonville, Forida, she named him Richard. The sister raised Richard, who was baptised at 31 yrs old. Well, the sister grew old and died and her older son, not a witness, took the grown up Richard and put him in a gated community condo in Palm City, Forida and left him there. For 3 years this man, he is now 61 years old, went from person to person at the associations' swimming pool asking everyone if they were one of Jehovah's Witnesses. He took a daily walk all around the community, asking everyone if they were a witness too.

One day, the family that I met at the DC moved into this gated community--the only witnesses in this community. The father of this family decided he would go to the pool. There were about 40 people at the pool that day and he was swimming and heard this 61 yr old person going around asking everyone, 'are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?' The brother walked up to Richard and said, 'I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses!' Richard started to cry and was so thankful to finally meet up with the brothers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT COULDNT be that maybe ODDS ARE IF YOU ASK EVERONE FOR THREE FREAKIN YEARS.... SOMEDAY you're bound to run into one. IT COULDN"T BE THAT !!! AND , IF IT TOOK 3 FRIGGIN YEARS... WHY'D GOD TAKE SO LONG TO ANSWER? HOW BOUT THAT???>??>?

fRIGGIN IDOTS

• Casper
    Casper
    IF IT TOOK 3 FRIGGIN YEARS... WHY'D GOD TAKE SO LONG TO ANSWER? HOW BOUT THAT???>??>?

My thoughts exactly....

Can't believe there would have been a time this would have warmed my heart...

Cas

• song19
    song19

don't know what to say other than

my mom prayed for 20 years to move back to where her family was... 20 years it took. She still to this day believes God finally answered her prayer.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

That's amazing! Who would think that in such a highly popuplated area a person would eventually run into some one who was a JW. I mean in a city in America of all places! The hard thing to believe is that it took him 3 years. I think somebody needs help covering their territory in a timely manner.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

this is proof that god is not with this org.jesus would intervene for such like ones.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I'd note he met hundreds of Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, LDS, Agnostic, Athiest etc etc etc FIRST. What was God trying to say there? Bring_the_Light

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

So this guy was raised a Witness, a JW his whole life, a member of a congregation for 50-something years -- where were those people after his mom died, while he was wandering around alone, desperately seeking Witnesses, for 3 freakin years? No one followed up on him, tried to contact him, made any effort at all? Yeah, Jehovah's loving organization sure takes care of its own! Nice.

UGH. I do not feel encouraged LOL.

• wednesday
    wednesday

My thoughts exactly as the prior post. Did this sister not have one jws friend or elder who cared anything about this loyal man? My mom was a loyal jws but even she said, , they don't care about their elderly or disabled & .they will leave them to rot and go off to find more "sheep":. Doing the Lords work you know.

a Christan's duty is to help the sick , poor, elderly. widowed, and orphaned children.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Hell, if it took 3 years, it was CHANCE and not god answering any prayers. Typical case of people attributing chance to prayers.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"I just thought that was a great experience to show that no matter who, if someone is praying to Jehovah, even the disadvantaged, Jehovah hears their cries for help too!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit