"An Encouraging email"- i really almost threw up.....

by New light for you 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• wednesday
    wednesday
    You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

he should have prayed to Joe ( kidding ) but carlin has a point

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

so regardless of the reality of this case or not, I think the real lesson here is in the 3 year wait. god needs to test everyone's faith - even the developmentally disabled. god knows (pun) he may have not been seriously praying. the first 2.5 years probably help to vete out a lot who just can't stick with it. maybe those get picked up by the jewish/buddhist/hindu god(s) who might be more tolerant.

• Iforget
    Iforget

The typical life span of a child with Down syndrome is much longer then most people realize. Our children are now living into their 70's because of improvements within the medical industry. Most of our children have heart issues that 10 years ago would have caused death at birth or within a few years but now their hearts are repaired and life goes on. The biggest issue is dimentia as age progresses.

We work very hard to dispel myths about our children. Many of our kids have slight delays and some have more significant delays. My little one has had far worse issues then Down syndrome so DS is the least of our worries. But she is a beautiful little girl who has changed me and my life for the better. I am able to stand up to my family in regards to their beliefs and stand firm in my own. She gave me the strength as a protector and mother to be a "grown up" in their eyes. I scare them now :)

The "r" word and those who use it as a way to put someone else down - as an insult - are those who would do well to stay out of my path. My daughter has mental retardation as a medical diagnosis. I don't appreciate those who misuse the word. You would be shocked at the number of JW's who I have corrected and the myths they perpetuate since they do have the AWAKE and are so damn progressive in medical information. HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

The "r" word and those who use it as a way to put someone else down - as an insult - are those who would do well to stay out of my path. -------------- I'm guilty of that at times. I'm glad you clarified some of the misconceptions you mentioned. richard is a nice, sincere, & innocent guy. I wish him long life & happiness however he finds it. I'll have to check with my parents on his status and history to see if he's the subject of this tale.

• hot mama
    hot mama

I've discovered that Mr.Flipper is so right about being forgotten when walk out the KH door. I've been out for a few months now and my supposed to be best friend has yet to ask me what's wrong .Maybe deep down she's jealous about the fact that I had the nerve to get out. That poor man should have been looked after by the "friends" way beofre he was. What a crock of bull.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Gosh so many corrections I don't know where to begin. As a mother of a child with Down syndrome here goes:

It's not Down's syndrome. Dr. Down doesn't own it. It is Down syndrome

Our children HAVE it but it's not who they are. They are NOT Down syndrome kids. They are people who happen to have Down syndrome. I have a daughter. I have a little girl. She happens to have Down syndrome.

Excellent point. The story started off in an offensive manner, as I noticed like you did.

It took 3 years for the coincidence to occur. And for Song19's mom (my inlaw), it took 20. I guess most JWs never took a course on probabilities and distributions in university!

Hey, given more time, just about any coincidence can occur! (Pray enough to win the lottery, play everyday and you are bound to win something! Then attribute it to God.) Damn, now I see why some scientists support evolution, but must give BILLIONS of years for it to occur lol!

Another good point. That story--assuming it has some ground in truth--is nothing to be exited about.

The bottom line , as some previous posters stated, is if Richard was really being given proper attention by the witnesses who knew his mother , then 3 years would NOT have gone by for this man to be shown " loving " assistance. It just goes to show that many times the "caring " shown to others by Jehovah's Witnesses- ends as soon as they walk out the kingdom hall doors. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Good observations, all. Funny....these stories never did "warm my heart" even when I was in. There was something very off about them. Now that I talk with critical thinkers, it's making sense. There's nothing divine about this story. A guy with DS finds a guy who just happens to be the same religion. Wonderful.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Three years, wow. Poor fellow.

I would like to share my experience with you.

Well I prayed incessantly sincerely and devotely for at least 15 years begging God to please show me what he wanted from me and knowing I absolutely needed His help to find the true faith and to loosen me from my horrible marriage I was in for 28 years. I waited and waited praying fervently as to know what to do, then one morning is was talking to God tears in my eyes and pain in my heart I was at the end of ropes and then as if suddenly a bolt of lightening hit me, I was immediately calm and I stopped crying and knew God was showing me the way. Get out of my marriage and the organization all at the same time. No one can convince me otherwise as I know God finally heard my pleas for peace. I got out of the bath tub, (me and Jehovah had a lot of sessions in my tub as it was the only peaceful place in my home.) years of tears, pleaing and praying finally brought me to the realization that God answers prayers when he wants to, I was literally going of the deep end.

Okay so it took years, But I can assure you now that when I pray to God now, he hears my prayers and within a few minutes or a few days I get my answers from Him. I am not kidding I am telling you possitively this is what is going on in my life now. It is as if God is moving mountains for me. I have an inner peace and tranquility in my new found relationship with God.

I feel completely flabberghast that the congregation didn't assist Richard in his hour of need. How disgusting the elders neglected a nice man, who is loving and suffering from the abandonment of the Elders. Yes if he were baptized he would have a Publishers card and it should have been sent to the new place he moved to, It proves to me that the elders are so lacks in their duties, I feel they just gave up on Richard . Their behaviour was deplorable. It is the same with orphans and widows, it is as if you don't exist like your an invisiable person. The same is true with the disabled. It is a major coup if an elder visits you. Of course they always on schedule visit you when the C.O. is going to be visiting the cong. How phony and hypocritical they are.

I am happy that Richard is happy, albeit he is still as JW.

Orangefatcat

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    the reason it took three years for Jah to answer is because 3 years to us is 3 minutes to him. Geez stop rushing him. he is really busy.

Actually I did the math on this once and I think (math was never my strong suit) that if it's true that 1000 years is a day to him then one of his minutes is a little over 41 years long. Therefore Richard's 3 year wait is actually only a few seconds in gods eyes. I have long though this explains why god never seems to respond right away.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

the reason it took three years for Jah to answer is because 3 years to us is 3 minutes to him. Geez stop rushing him. he is really busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit