Painfully Long Prayers on the last day of the 3-day Conventions.

by blkblk13 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    One time a good friend of mine turned over to me after a long 15 minute prayer from a GB member followed by a 10 minute applause and said: "This is idolatry! Why is he getting so much praise???"

I used to say something similar to my ex-wife. I never clapped after a prayer.

W

• Pandoras cat
    Pandoras cat

By the end of the convention my feet were in soooo much pain from wearing high heels. I know it was not "smart" to wear heels but I wanted to look cute!!! I would shuffle my weight from one foot to the other during the prayer and would usually end up losing my balance!! I finally would just sit down. It makes this cat want to yowl!!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Hey Hortensia. I was there. My mom and I worked in the snow cone booth with a million bees. I fainted standing in the lunch line. It was soooo hot. I felt like a POW.

When my dad would come to the meetings he would time the prayers to see who gave the longest one. Another time this lady sitting in front of him kept picking at her scalp and then looking at whatever she was finding. After about 45 min my dad pretended to pick something out of her hair and popped it in his mouth. My face almost blew off trying to surpress uncontrolled laughter. He was a cool guy.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

It has bee a real drag listening to those concluding prayers, i.e. especially wheb something as crass as "we thank you for the joy of donating to the world wide preaching work" Jehovah, I mean my god they don't have a clue. and all the lemmings give a hearty amen after the end of it and clap till their hands hurt.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

.....that annoyed me a great deal. Excuse me, but I always felt like, "JESUS CHRIST, get it done already. Yeah, that ranks up there are a most annoying aspect of the jw's. Good topic.

You could tell who else felt the same way by how much they rocked from side to side,like ball players during the national anthem,chewing thier gum,ready to get the damn game started. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was over the top,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit