The Great Tribulation?

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gnulite
    gnulite

So where does the Bible even mention "A" or "THE (G)reat (T)ribulation. Every translation I've read says 'there will be great tribulation' with no definite articles assigning it totally to one time period. As far as I can tell, there is not 'A' Great Tribulation or 'THE' Great Tribulation...only great tribulation. Is this an event that affects everyone at the same time? Tribulation is whatever an individual feels is tribulation to them. Beloved family pet dies-tribulation. You are starving to death and beloved family pet dies,your kids die and your house is destroyed with all of their memories in a tsunami-great tribulation. Tell the people left Myanmar that "THE" great tribulation is coming. They have great tribulation.JMHO SOURCES: Matthew 24:21

• blondie
    blondie

(Revelation 7:14) NWT 14 So right away I said to him: "My lord, you are the one that knows." And he said to me: "These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 7:14 (New King James Version)

14 And I said to him, “Sir, [ a ] you know.”
    So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 7:14 (New American Standard Bible)

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the ( A ) great tribulation, and they have ( B ) washed their robes and made them ( C ) white in the ( D ) blood of the Lamb.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/

• heathen
    heathen

True tho I don't think that's the only place the word can be used , I'm looking at the quick referrence in the NWT and the word tribulation is used more liberally than what the WTBTS would attribute to it . Mathew 24:9 good example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit