The Great Tribulation?

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Besides talking about The Great Tribulation and using it to scare the rank and file that it is coming real soon, when was the last Watchtower study that dealt with this subject in - depth?

I think it was somewhere in the nineties. Anyone remember and know when the Watchtower did an in - depth study on this teaching?

I am one of those who believe the historical account that The Great Tribulation has come and gone with the destruction of Jerusalem in the year 70ad.

Freddy Franz liked to spin two to three fulfillments on this teaching.

I believe it is a dead issue and the society knows it. However, it is one of the last teachings that they have left to hang on to and scare the rank and file with.

They are using it at this years District Convention and in their recent Watchtower studies

What are your thoughts on this?

Blueblades

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I believe the great tribulation will come when Satan will be hurled to earth. It will be 3 and half years of very tuff times. Many anointed will be killed. The woman (a great croud with some anointed will be in the wilderness) Then shortly afterward the battle at Armageddon occures. But there are many great prophecies wich must be fullfilled before that. On my website you can find more detailed information about it. www.freewebs.com/scripturalanswers

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I believe the great tribulation came in 70 C.E. also.

• heathen
    heathen

There's noway the tribulation happened , jesus said it was one that the world had not known since it's founding so it affects the entire planet.IMO The whole thing is really based on Daniel 12 , the great time of distress where no flesh would be preserved alive if Michael didn't step in to deliver the faithful and true from certain annihilation . I think the Zions Watch Tower announced the tribulation during WW1 then moved into a postponing of it for a later date or some such dogma . I think blondie actually has the info on that.

• flipper
    flipper

BLUEBLADES- I agree with your take on this. I too feel that the only application of Jesus gospel prophecies applied to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C.E. period. The Watchtower recently in their " generation " article tried to put a twisted spin on the definition of " generation " and it wasn't pretty. They basically said , " there is no definite length of time in estimating how long a generation is " . Of course that is total BS; as looking it up in the dictionary says it's about 30 to 40 years long. Which would make Jesus right on the money about 70 C.E as being the fulfillment of his " great tribulation " prophecy. I think everything else has been pure fantasy and speculation; aside from the 70 C.E. Jerusalem destruction

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

The Watchtower-January 15,1970 page 43 even states"all of Matthew chapter 24 was fullfilled upon Jerusalem in 70 C.E. They say it has a greater fullfillment but Jesus never said it did. Matthew 24 verse 21, Jesus said there would never be another great tribulation. To the WTS everything has a greater fullfillment.

• heathen
    heathen

I think I could go with the 2 fulfillments since it is pretty obvious in parts he is talking about the destruction of Israel and people having to pray their fight didn't take place at the wrong time but if he is talking about as in the days of Noah we are talking a global incident as mentioned in genesis .

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I believe the generation-time begins with the great tribulation. Satan is hurled down for a short period of time. Revelation 12 and Daniel talks about 1260 days and those who arrive to 1335:th will be happy. So, the generation will be short.

• yknot
    yknot

I understand the 70ce thing but what about the two sackclothed witnesses ? Couldn't it be a 70CE & some possible future event?

Thoughts?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I personally believe there was only 1 great tribulation as Jesus said and that was in 70 C.E. And where does the WTS get that Armageddon follows the great tribulation that they say is going to happen? The Bible does not say anything about it. Revelation chapter 16 verses where it talks about Armagaddon,I believe has already happened. Compare Jeremiah chapter 51. "Babylon The Great" in REV. does not picture false religion but is "Babylon" of the Bible. This is my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit