The Great Tribulation?

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I believe , technically armageddon is the invisible spiritual war that takes place between the church of saints and the kings of the earth that oppose the kingdom and christianity and the saints are martyred but once the GC are in force they are saved before the beast can force a mark on them and they escape , the ones that never know death . Armageddon ends on the "great fear inspiring day of God almighty" and the destruction of all world powers or when the last saint is martyred .

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

heathen, noticed you are from texas. where? If you don't mind saying.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think the Bible text about the GT has been written after 70 AD to fit the circumstances.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I believe I'm the Anti-Christ and despite the propoganda, I will win. :oP Bring_the_Light

• blondie
    blondie

*** w51 3/15 p. 164 Time Better than Money ***When Christ was enthroned, in 1914, great tribulation was started against Satan and his wicked world organization. If it had then proceeded to completion, no flesh would have been saved. But for the sake of human flesh that tribulation was shortened or cut short, to allow a period of time for men to take in and give out knowledge of the established heavenly kingdom, before that tribulation enters its climax of Armageddon. (Matt. 24:21, 22

*** w56 2/15 pp. 118-119 par. 38 Triumphing over Wicked Spirit Forces ***However, Almighty God prevented this and foiled the demons’ reckless plan. It was not his purpose to abyss the demons in 1918 or to let them wreck human society as a climax to World War I. He did not let his victorious King Jesus Christ press the war in heaven as far as the Armageddon feature of the "great tribulation" upon Satan’s organization invisible and visible. Jehovah halted that "war in heaven" with the casting of them out of heaven and down to this earth in order that he might let Satan and his demons remain here in their debasement of defeat for a "short period of time" before Armageddon. Thus he cut short the "great tribulation" upon Satan’s world. (Matt. 24:21, 22)

*** w56 12/15 p. 755 par. 11 Telling the Good News from Day to Day ***At the start of the great tribulation upon Satan’s organization in 1914 all such people felt merely the "beginning of pangs of distress," the "beginning of birth-pangs," because of the world war accompanied by the famines, the pestilences and the earthquakes of that time.

*** w58 11/15 p. 691 par. 22 Signs and Wonders in the Time of the End ***Jehovah God did so. In 1918 he stopped the great tribulation that had begun upon the enemy organization of Satan the Devil

*** w65 12/15 p. 754 par. 31 "We Should Not Neglect the House of Our God" ***If so, then you know that the "great tribulation" mentioned above began with the "beginning of pangs of distress" during the years 1914-1918, as foretold by Jesus Christ, the "Lamb" who shed his blood in sacrifice to God for cleansing away the "sin of the world."

*** w70 1/15 p. 52 par. 9 Peace with God amid the "Great Tribulation" ***On account of his "chosen ones" he cuts short the days. How? Back in the year 1925 the suggestion was set out in the leading article of the WatchTower issue of May 1, entitled "For the Elect’s Sake," that "those days" of the "great tribulation" were cut short in the middle. The explanation was given that the "great tribulation" had begun in 1914 C.E. and that it was not allowed to run its full course then but God stopped World War I in November of 1918. From then on God was allowing an interval for the activity of his anointed remnant of elect Christians before he let the final part of the "great tribulation" resume at the battle of Armageddon and come to its termination. This would allow for sheeplike persons to be saved.—Matt. 25:31-46.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its just another proposition of fear and coercion the WTS has used in the past and probably will in the future

fear is the catalyst behind most of the WTS teachings and doctrines, that darn book publishing company knows how to sell their literature.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The great tribulation used to be the dubs fire and brimstone. It was the ultimate in perscution and what a dub should build up his faith for.

Now like so many of their teachings, it has been placed on the back burner. Sadly we here will debate the doctrine far more than the average dub can even remember it was a teaching.

• heathen
    heathen

surprised they didn't throw in the four horsemen of the apocalypse dogma at the time of the old tribulation dogma , the Revelation book has it that the they have been riding since WW1 , war, famine,death , hades. Unbelievable they state that jehovah ended WW1 .

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I like the oldiest expanations to the GT. It's funny that they thougth that the great tribulation started when they believe Satan was hurled down to earth, in the beginning of WW1. This is similar as I think now, the only difference that I don't believe Satan has been throw yet to earth. But it will happen of course sometimes in the future.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree that satan was thrown down to earth . They have allot tied into the belief such as the scarlet colored wild beast dogma which turns out to be satans organization of the League of nations that becomes the UN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit