Spirit Directed Organization..How?

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Speaking of shams, I just found out JWD is very much the same sham.

I just had an entire thread, to use Orwells word, vaporized. For questioning the men behind the curtain here. It doesn't exist and never existed. I'll probably be vaporized next, so I'll take the opportunity to let you know that its been a pleasure knowing you all, but there's no use my trying to make history if its just going to be rewritten to suit the moderators wishes.

I'm morally offended that you people don't understand the first thing about the freedom to think, speak and believe. You've betrayed my trust, and it makes me physically sick.

Bring_the_Light

• cab1000
    cab1000

I am glad this post was started. I was having dinner with my witness in-laws and my faded family. I try to avoid any religious topics, but I had a few beers before we arrived at the restaurant, and was feeling pretty loose. Anyway, somehow the subject came up and I was asking her if she believed that god directs the "organization". A simple question that I thought she would quickly agree with a "yes". Turns out, she said "no". I was taken aback, I must have re-stated it twenty different ways, and she denied it each time. Like, "you don't think god is leading the Watchtower?", and "the governing body does not receive instructions from God?", and on and on. And her answer was repeatedly "no", "I don't know what you've been reading, but no". So we arrive back at their house, and I sneak into their library, to help her understand. I drunkenly scan the big green insight books, and look up Faithful and Discreet slave, and WTF, it backs up her argument! Right in that book, in the FDS part, it brings out how they are NOT direct by God. So, I slip out of there, and have some more beer. : )

I was trying to go down this path. Organization led by God? -> God is never wrong? -> Jesus chooses Organization 1919? -> Beliefs in 1919 way off from current? -> Jesus would not have chosen the Watchtower in 1919? (captives of a concept)

I did not have the resources to find anything quick enough. I must have made an impact, because the next day she was texting me about some elder that would be glad to discuss this. I told her we should drop it, cause I had too many beers. (truth is, I want to keep the peace.)

I should be ready if this comes back up, so I am looking forward to your further posts...

Best,

~cab

• parakeet
    parakeet

Bring The Light -- you should know by know that threads never get locked or elimi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit