Spirit Directed Organization..How?

by Blueblades 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Correct me if I'm not understanding this phrase, 'Spirit Directed Organization'.

My understanding is that the Watchtower has recently taught ( someone may remember the exact watchtower that this was taught ) that the anointed and every Jehovah's Witness has the same holy spirit, no more no less.

Nothing special is directing the Watchtower Society when it comes to understanding the scriptures.

Why then do they keep on using this phrase, that they are being directed by Holy Spirit and still use it when asking one of the Baptism questions.

If they have no 'Special Knowledge', how is it that they write talks about being directed by Holy Spirit especially when it comes to Distrct Convention talks.

Blueblades

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

These are not the droids you are looking for. :oP

• New light for you
    New light for you

the organization is "spirit directed".... We're just peons.

We can pray for holy spirit... but we'd never be "spirit-directed".

no, doesn't make sense, but what teaching of the WTBS does?

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Spaghetti-monster damn it! Stop looking for the fxxxing droids! Bring_the_Light

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Well that's simple...."Spirit Directed Organisation" means the Governing Body puts on a blind fold, and they throw a dart at a "yes" and "no" board.......this is how they make decisions......it's called the "Urim and Thumin" method...true story!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Talmud directed organization, spirit directed, zombie directed, it's all the same. Smoke and mirrors, bosses and peons, ink and paper . . . cash and boxes:-)

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Ever notice how "strong in the truth" (TM) dubspeak is used similiar to "the force is strong with this one"(TM) Yodaspeak? Bring_the_Light

• A&S
    A&S

The WT your looking for is the May 1 2007 Question from readers .

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks A&S, maybe someone can scan it here or quote from it. This way we can see the doublespeak.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

This will show that they are nothing special just another man-made organization.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit