Does the JW mindset ever leave totaley leave you ?????

by karter 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You can never fully change your mind set...especially if you were "trianed from infancy." It's part of you forever sadly.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I've been out a year and I'd say it's pretty much left me. I find thinking on those terms to be repulsive.

• janitorforlife
    janitorforlife

Karter: I just wanted to encourage you to stay strong. My husband faded 10 years before I did and I know it must have been hard. He was tolerant of my efforts to stay active and indulged me. He only made subtle changes in his life until I was finally ready to join him. I'm sure he got tired of having conversations with me about witness subjects but he had to as I was still involved. I'm just wanting to encourage you that in time your wife may join you in your freedom.

JFL

• Am ha·’a'ret
    Am ha·’a'ret

My hubby started to fade almost a year before I did. Initially it was tough because I had married "in the lord" and felt let down by no longer having that in common. But we managed a sort of mutual respect until I saw the truth about the truth as its called ;) Now we are helping each other getting thru this difficult process of turning things around. Only last night we were talking about just how many of our life-changing decisions were made as they were because we were JWs. But no point in feeling bitter or dwelling on regrets. At least now we know better and can do better in future!

Am

• four candles
    four candles

I'm a born in,44 years in,and 4 out with a few inbetween sort of iffy. But I still have the mindset if not the teachings. I don't want to celebrate birthdays/xmas/valentines day etc but then again I don't want to be a witness.

I've never been happier as I am now. I got a wonderful woman who just lets me be me and we have some great discussions as she is an athiest. My ex wife and all my kids are no longer dubs,but my youngest.hes 19,said that it made us what we are today.....just nice people,and let me tell you,I'm proud of him cos he is the nicest guy in town,everyone loves him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit