It's official - my first convention

by kurtbethel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"I'll buy you a beer if you get me an audio clip of the comparrison of what satans world offers compared to the GB world.

It goes something like "Jahs organization provides bible training; satans world provides higher education".

I really need proof of this one."

throw in airfare to Dublin and make that beer be served in an Irish pub, and you got a deal.

• milligal
    milligal

If your study conductor is worth his weight he'll have you by the hand introducing you to everyone and they will be oh so friendly. You are a new recruit and they want you to come back again so plan on being in the middle of the swarm of hand shaking and encouragement.

With that said the content of the discourse may very well make you want to vomit. Try not to get it on your new hawaiian shirt have fun

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is Finished!

Like most things in life, it was not the worst experience anticipated here, but when my aunt called me wanting me to go sailing, I knew I did not make the best use of my day.

I learned what WTWizard means by "Grand Boasting Session".

I saw the "Keep Moving" guys and chatted one of them up.

No one gave me a ration of paper towels.

And no one gave me flack for my shirt. Maybe things are looser in California, why one brother had a green shirt and green tie with hot pink stripes! And the sisters! Saw Sister Backless, Sister Strapless and Sister Cameltoe.

Any of you who went through 3 days of this, year after year, my hat is off to you.

Pictures and tales to come, as I will start another thread for that.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Ya, but was it fun? Try 25 + yrs.......

h4o

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hope - I beat ya by 3 years girl. You survived it. I wonder if I could attend one as an observer this year? We've got one in December.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Any of you who went through 3 days of this, year after year, my hat is off to you.

3 days? When we started going, it was FIVE full days - with evening sessions, too!

And before that there were conventions just like those that were seven days long. It was brutal.

You probably didn't get to go into the women's restrooms. It ain't pretty in there.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit