It's official - my first convention

by kurtbethel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I decided that it was time my study conductor got a payoff for his nearly two years of diligent study and so I told him I will go to the convention in Sandy Eggo.

I have never been to a KH or assembly or anything that was JW in nature, so I am asking for a little help.

So, I made a print of my Beth Sarim picture that is my current avatar so I can show it to anyone I meet and the will know I have 'tower cred. I have picked out a cool cotton Hawaiian shirt because it is a hot summer day and I want to look very cheerful since Jehovah is going to be there keeping an eye on the proceedings. I have my media player to record anything interesting (or funny). I was considering taking my Order of Eastern Star Bible, with the inverted pentagram on it, because it is smallest and most portable. I will also have my camera to document things of interest, including those apostates I heard would be there. I was told they are bad, very bad, though I was not told if any are redheads.

So, with those preparations in mind, I would welcome any advice on what to expect and what I might do to make it a positive and uplifting experience.

thanks,
    K

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

You might want to lose the print shirt or you'll stand out like a sore thumb...and not get a chance to get the goods, pictures, recordings,,

better do shirt and tie....

I was told they are bad, very bad, though I was not told if any are redheads.

What don't you like red heads.....lol

h4o

• M.J.
    M.J.

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!

You are forewarned.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

expect to be bored and ignored.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"What don't you like red heads.....lol"

Oh, I adore redheads! Some WT artist does not. Perhaps my sarcasm was too deadpan with that comment.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Smile and eat a crunchy candybar whenever someone talks to you!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

"You might want to lose the print shirt or you'll stand out like a sore thumb...and not get a chance to get the goods, pictures, recordings,, better do shirt and tie.... "

Not an option. When I was called out of Babylon I burned all my suits and do not own a tie. Putting on the uniform of the Babylonian business system would be like a dog returning to its vomit and I could be seriously stumbled. And putting on the tie, which is actually a NOOSE, is figuratively submitting to the hive and allowing yourself to be led around by SATAN.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say 'enjoy the experience' It will give you a deeper understanding of the faith. Hort: he may not be ignored, he is a new face, study and male.

• shamus100
    shamus100

A) You're going to be bored.

B) Security is going to be tailing you all day in your 'outfit' with your 'bible'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Oh, brother! Here is what to expect:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/160476/1.ashx

I hope once you read that, you will change your mind quickly about going to that stifling, boring, rule-filled recruitment trap Otherwise, you will be wasting your time there. Guaranteed--or your money back.

That is, unless you are going there to take notes to post on this forum about any pukeworthy announcements and parts on the program. If that is the case, you might hopefully provide reason for someone else to not go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit