Today is my 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY on JWD!! Can't believe it!!

by Terry 54 Replies latest jw friends

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Terry, congratulations. I always enjoy reading your posts....you've got a razor sharp brain.

I enjoy the exchanges between you and other "sharpies" on this board, keep'em coming.

lalliv01

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Glad your still here,

purps

• Terry
    Terry

Over the years you have, with your penetrating logic, changed my perspective on a number of things. Your refusal to take things as read but to demand factual proof and the application of reason has been inspiring.

In an attempt to sum up your profound contribution to this forum I have re-written this verse of scripture.

'Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for that will never exist in reality.'

Thanks, I needed that. Was feeling kinda low and that made the day brighter.

Trevor, your posts are never less than cogent and rational. I think of your mind as cold water ready to dash in the face of any who dare drowse into the arms of Morpheus.

You keep up the good work yourself!

• Terry
    Terry

There is that matter about being the "spelling police"...

changeling :)

Well, spilling maye bee a fetissh tu mee, butt--korrekt spilling iss a sine of careing!

• Terry
    Terry
    I have been a bit lazy when it comes to looking up the definitions to the words you use,

Me too!! I still wonder what I meant!

• Terry
    Terry
    Okay great! So where is the party at?

I was going to be at the local District Convention, but, I got thrown out not less than three minutes after I arrived!

• Terry
    Terry

Glad your still here,

purps

I'm like that extra long eyebrown hair that comes out of nowhere. You can't ignore it, but, it hurts to get rid of it.

Thanks, Purp-o-lurple

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

TERRY------CONGRATULATIONS

alt

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Terry! I especially like it when you recommend books that you read. Your topics and post responses have always kept my attention. I might not always respond, however, I always look for you here.

If you have anymore books to recommend, I will appreciate it and go get them. I love to read. At 63 years of age reading keeps me sharp.I'm trying to make up for the 33 years that I read all the watchtower literature and you know how much that was.

Keep on posting, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!oror just a few of these

Blueblades

• Terry
    Terry

Terry! I especially like it when you recommend books that you read. Your topics and post responses have always kept my attention. I might not always respond, however, I always look for you here.

If you have anymore books to recommend, I will appreciate it and go get them. I love to read. At 63 years of age reading keeps me sharp.I'm trying to make up for the 33 years that I read all the watchtower literature and you know how much that was.

The bookstore I work in, because it buys used books, gets quite a selection of theology textbooks from the local Seminary students.

I love reading the textbooks to see what the up and coming ministers of tomorrow are being taught.

I'm frankly VERY IMPRESSED at the level of honest in these texts.

The actual PROBLEMS of scripture, textual criticism, hermenutics, etc. are covered in great detail accurately for the most part. In some text there will be a spin to persuade the student to overlook these problems. But, all in all, it is far more honest than anything you get from the Watchtower bozos.

The problem for the average Joe is that these texts are very expensive. (That's why the students end up selling them.)

I have a non-text I think anybody who is interested in religion, history and such will GREATLY ENJOY.

I reccomend two books by Karen Armstrong. The HISTORY OF GOD and THE BATTLE FOR GOD.

Her books are amazingly well written, thoughtful, informative and a great learning experience.

Go to amazon and look at the customer reviews.

Also, anything by Bart Ehrman is quite revealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit