Elders are responsible to take care of lost sheep or they are not?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

WTW, maybe in your bible it says that Jesus went looking for the one lost sheep and rejoiced upon finding it. I bet in the NWT, however, it says Jesus threw out the one sheep because it was a black sheep and might rub off on the others. When it finally stumbled back in, he wouldn't let the other sheep so much as baa at it for 9-12 months, until it showed it would never run away again. Bad little sheep.

StAnn

I just busted something... my monitor my keyboard my glass of DR. PEPPER my gut Bad little sheep. BWAAAAHH HAAAAAH HAAAH

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas
    parakeetRe: Elders are responsible to take care of lost sheep or they are not?
    av8orntexas wrote: "I went of medical leave of absence in NOVEMBER 2006, meeting attendance was slipping as of SEPTEMBER 2006, I've attended about 4-5 meetings between Nov 2006 and now. I've recieved 0 calls since then."

Parakeet

It's all good. I would say I'm sorry to hear your situation.But i suppose, it helps one to see the 'real' jw's for who there are. A true friend,or lip service.I think this is the case with many. You may be mentioned in passing in service,but I think few actually try to get out to see what or where some individuals are. We did it a few times while pioneering,but mainly some who may be sick. Other than that, I never recall following up an any who have faded.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Elders are the reason for lost sheep

• VM44
    VM44

In the Bible, what was the ultmate destiny of the sheep?

So did the sheperd REALLY care about the sheep as individuals? or just about the benefit, and PROFIT, they would bring later?

I don't want to hear about the sheperd being so caring for his flock...he has an ulterior motive that nullifies any superfical compassion or consideration that he might show!

Probably "Sheep" and "the flock" are good terms for The Watchtower to use, considering how it exploits the individual JWs for its own purposes.

• odie67
    odie67

The elders don't care. They all can kiss my black booty.

• amicus
    amicus

I don't have any washtowel quotes. However, I remember Jesus teaching from the Bible itself that, if he lost one sheep, he would leave the other 99 and search for the lost sheep. When the lost sheep was found and brought back to safety, he would rejoice about it.

That is not how the hounders appear to be doing their jobs. Now that we know what the Bible teaches about it, let's see what those washtowels say about it.

I'm pretty much in this camp as well. I really don't know what to think of the "Bible". The teachings of Jesus pretty much blow me away though. I honestly don't care about other Christian logic. Show me a religion that adhere's "only" the teachings of Jesus and I'll talk theology, personal involvement, God, etc. Closest I've seen is some Quaker sects and some Unitarians. No profit in it though so they haven't really expanded their ranks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit