Elders are responsible to take care of lost sheep or they are not?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

Show me some quotes from the WT publications that the elders are responsible to take care of lost sheep and they are not responsible for the lost sheep, etc....(Flip-Flop quotes)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't have any washtowel quotes. However, I remember Jesus teaching from the Bible itself that, if he lost one sheep, he would leave the other 99 and search for the lost sheep. When the lost sheep was found and brought back to safety, he would rejoice about it.

That is not how the hounders appear to be doing their jobs. Now that we know what the Bible teaches about it, let's see what those washtowels say about it.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I hope they don't come around trying to mess around with me or I will put a Pop Knot on their head.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I went of medical leave of absence in NOVEMBER 2006, meeting attendance was slipping as of SEPTEMBER 2006, I've attended about 4-5 meetings between Nov 2006 and now. I've recieved 0 calls since then. It's all talk to me, and practically told me my worth to the congregation. Not that I need someone to call or throw a sympathy party,but it showed me who my REAL friends are and are not.

• StAnn
    StAnn

WTW, maybe in your bible it says that Jesus went looking for the one lost sheep and rejoiced upon finding it. I bet in the NWT, however, it says Jesus threw out the one sheep because it was a black sheep and might rub off on the others. When it finally stumbled back in, he wouldn't let the other sheep so much as baa at it for 9-12 months, until it showed it would never run away again. Bad little sheep.

StAnn

• shamus100
  • parakeet
    parakeet

av8orntexas wrote: "I went of medical leave of absence in NOVEMBER 2006, meeting attendance was slipping as of SEPTEMBER 2006, I've attended about 4-5 meetings between Nov 2006 and now. I've recieved 0 calls since then."

I don't have any WT quotes, but it's my understanding that the elders are supposed to check in with the "lost sheep" at least once a year.

"I'm a poor little lamb, that has lost my way. Baaa, baaa, baaa."

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Maybe your expectations are too high?

It's been my experience that for every expectation, there are a thousand shysters available to fill it. Unfortunately, people don't spend a whole lot of time investigating potential shysters.

Whose fault is that?

Carlos

• oompa
    oompa

funny thing about sheep.....they eat, shlit, and fluck...and they also taste good...what a combo.......oompa

and elders dont do shlit...

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

StAnne says it all. No scriptures or quotes needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit