Lets list everything that has pagan origins!!

by song19 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Saying "God bless you" when someone sneezes to keep the demunz from snatching the person's soul. (pagan)

• apostrate
    apostrate

Looks like someone mentioned this earlier (about 6 years ago), but I believe that it can't be emphasized enough:

"Baptism preceded the Christian faith. It was used in Greece, Babylon, and ancient Egypt, Where the cold waters of the Nile were thought to increase strength and bestow immortality." (The Watchtower April 4, 1993, page 4)

So, Jesus commanded his followers to be baptized. Surely Jesus must have known this was a pagan custom, he is all knowing! And being baptized is the only way that leads to salvation.

But now, once you are actually baptized, you are doomed! You've just taken part in a pagan practice!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

One of the things I never understood is why people considered pagans so evil. Given what their impact is on modern society, I think they should be proud (that is if they all wern't dead).

Tell me what you are doing today that is unique and will be remembered thousands of years from now - get my point? Those pagans had a handle on the human experience.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The word pagan literally means 'country or rural dweller'.

Pagan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "The word pagan literally means 'country or rural dweller'."

Great.

It's an old-old-school word for "hillbilly".

Which... is... just about as derogatory, come to think of it.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I'm proud to be pagan! Thanks for the picture, Heaven, it's lovely.

• Heaven
    Heaven

*Heaven, with hands on hips * Vidiot, I was a rural dweller... and I ain't no hillbilly!

Bruja... you are welcome. I like that picture as well. I think if I was to accept any 'religion' kindness and the divinity in all things makes far more sense to me than the violent, angry, spiteful, male spirit/Sky Daddy of the 3 main faiths.

• Heaven
    Heaven

NewYork44M... actually, Paganism is still very much in existence today. There are solitary witches as well as covens that exist too.

They are just quietly going about their lives due to past indiscretions by the Christians and other holier-than-thou, judgmental groups who felt the Pagans were heretics/infidels etc.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Carrying the bride over the threshhold I understood to be about cleaness... imaging a 15ht century house with a literal threshhold... yeah.. it makes sense lol

• Heaven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit