Lets list everything that has pagan origins!!

by song19 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

Anything to do with the Calendar is pagan, days of the week, month names and more. Take a look at the time unit names themselves.

Hours = horus

Sunset = sun + set - Set=Egyptian god of the night

Sunrise = sun + ra = Ra = egyptian god of the sun (they had a few].

minutes = many "m" words in these things relate to the moon,

month = moon+th

seconds = is a measurement started by astrologists.

The divisions of time into 12 and 60 are of course babylon another bunch of famous astrologers.

Xianity itself is entirely pagan. Nearly every story is a copy from some othe rmore ancient sacred text.

- Many psalms are taken from Akenhaten etc

- take a look at the meanings of many OT characters and you will find they are nearly paying homage to pagan gods

- Laban = white as in moon.

- We can also find abraham and sarah in the hindu text, Abraham same consonents and sounds to Brahmans..

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The necktie isn't pagan (as far as I know) but it started out as military atire.

Can men still not have beards?

• mindseye
    mindseye

Some of these may have been mentioned already:

Democracy is greek on origin (and is the actual form of government that allows JWs to have freedom of religion).

Christianity: was influenced by mystery cults. Christianity was steeped in the Hellenistic (Greek) culture. 'God-men' were common during the time of Jesus.

God: The way modern people (even JWs) actually think of 'God' is radically different from the ancient Israelites, and is influenced by Hellenistic culture. To quote wikipedia:

It was not until the fusion of Platonic and Aristotelian theology with Christianity that the concepts of strict omnipotence, omniscience, or benevolence became commonplace.

Some interesting reading:

Hellenistic philosophy and Christianity

Christianity and Paganism

• diamondiiz
  • mP
    mP

@mindseye

Greek democracy two and half thousand years ago was a very different beast to what we have today. Firstly one had to be over 30, married and a citizen, which left out all the unworthy slaves. Gk democracy was actually a voting system by a v ery few elite and not everyone. Its important to understand the different groups that aare part of any definition. We see the same thing in the BIble with the ten commandments. The text is very much limited to not stealing from a fewlloe jew, but its ok to rape and steal from non jews. Once you understand and add this qualification to the ten commandments and other so called nice and fuzzy thoughts you learn quite a different idea.

• mindseye
    mindseye

mP, sure, democracy in ancient Greece was much different from how we currently practice it. But so was American democracy for a long time, as certain citizens were not allowed to vote for much of its history. My only point is that the origin of democratic thought began in culturally pagan Greece (though in practice earlier forms of democracy developed in India and Mesopotamia).

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

I love the one about lipstick. An elder in my hall used to comment about ankle bracelets and how sisters shouldn't wear them because they used to be a sign that a woman was a prostitute .

Wish I could have come back with the retort that lipstick was used a sign that a prostitute would perform oral sex. (He was an anti-oral sex kind of elder but his wife was never seen without her make-up).

• Fernando
    Fernando

Religion is pagan.

The WBT$ rejected all religion until 1950, when they invented "true religion" and "false religion".

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

I've heard the J-Dubbs refer to us worldly people as pagans.

What picks my ass is;

Who do most of them work for? Pagans.

Where do most of them buy their groceries from? Pagans.

Where do most of them go to eat at a restaurant, who prepares the food? Pagans.

Where do they get their vehicles from? Pagans.

Where does their gas and repairs come from? Pagans.

Do they stitch their own clothes? No.......They buy them from Pagans.

The retards don't believe in Christmas and various other Holidays but when their employer gives them "Stat. Holiday Pay" and days off for the Holidays........................They gladly accept and take it.

A bit "Double Standard" don't you think?

• Raton
    Raton

Jdubbed, it's the same with the satanic government we have. It's all horrible until it's time to sign up for food stamps, welfare, or whatever else they can get their hands on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit