JW Women

by Quester55 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

"Just concentrate on the new order when you be able to get a perfect husband."--- I thought if you don't have a husband when the Big A comes you must spend eternity (on a paradise earth of course) alone as a single person?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I read the one line as .....going down on men.

Been speaking about sex in the office and then read that

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most witless men take the headship principle to the extreme. I can remember one (the one I had the misfortune of studying with) that was like that with his then-wife. She had no autonomy. Whatever he decided, she would be forced along. He decided that she should pioneer, and she had no choice. He would often arrange it for her to be late for work because of field circus. She also had no voice in things like clothing, music, or recreation. He called all the shots, she had to endure them.

With men like that, no wonder the "sisters" hate them. Anyone that is "strong" in the cancer is likely to be like that to a big extent, and anyone that is not like that is "weak" in the cancer. And yet, if these "sisters" were to seek husbands in the world, the hounders would have a stroke about it.

No wonder I would be embarrassed to mention myself as a current witless. Any worldly person would reject any man that is in that cancer, simply because she is going to be nothing more than a slave to him. It would be that embarrassing to be currently a witless, and especially having any "privileges". As an apostate, however, I feel it to be much more important to let the wives have their say in matters--their minds can think just as well as the husbands', and the wives are just as likely to be right on critical matters as the husbands.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Wish I knew. I met a few sisters who either had had their 'fun' and now wanted to be holy or those who dated jacka** brothers and I paid at their expense. Noentheless, as I always say,dating as A JW was and is a heartache, and painful thing. I don't won't to grow old and alone myself either,but i've come to realize the JW's may not be the place to look for a mate.

WTWizardRe: JW Women

Most witless men take the headship principle to the extreme. I can remember one (the one I had the misfortune of studying with) that was like that with his then-wife. She had no autonomy. Whatever he decided, she would be forced along. He decided that she should pioneer, and she had no choice. He would often arrange it for her to be late for work because of field circus. She also had no voice in things like clothing, music, or recreation. He called all the shots, she had to endure them.

I know a brother like that. I remember his sister-in-law called him on it at a gathering at his house, when she asked his wife a question and he immediately answered for her. It was pretty uncomfortable. It's his way or no way,but the thing with him is he's that way with everybody.

I remember being at his house, and her coming home from work one day. I had got off of work and he had invited me by. Well , first thing through the door, he asks about making dinner for us, then He asks her,'hey can you wash my clothes ?" I could tell she was tired,but she answered sure. After she goes in the room,he says, " I've got_______ trained to wash my clothes." All with a little smirk on his face. That really threw me for a loop, because I didn't see that coming from him.

• Babylon the Great Employee
    Babylon the Great Employee

My mom is one of those bitter JW women. She'll never remarry, because she "can't" marry a non-JW (even though she was once in love with one a few years ago) and she won't marry another JW man. I remember (how f'd up is this?) sitting in on my parents' shepherding calls on their marriage when I was like 10 years old. My mother was told my father was the "head of the household" and she had to listen to what he said. If he wanted sex, she had to give it to him. She shouldn't argue with him or question his decisions. She had to start appreciating him because he was a "good provider" (because making money so the JW wife doesn't have to work makes the JW man excellent husband material).

Even as a child, I knew there was no way I was ever marrying one of those misogynist jerkoffs. No way. I know not all JW men ascribe to such backwards thinking on gender roles, but when the elders start butting into your marriage and telling you when your husband wants sex, you'd better put out, run away quickly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit