JW Women

by Quester55 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quester55
    Quester55

Why are there so many old women in JW World who are so down on men? My divorce will be finalized next month, it hurt me, but it was and is an unfortunate circumstance of life. But among the JW women it was assumed that I was happy my marriage had ended so now I would have more time for meetings and field service. Now that I am over the hurt and am ready to live again, I am finding that they are extremely discouraging of me trying to meet an eligible man. I have no desire to meet or marry a JW. Fact is I've met someone and can't tell a soul in JW World about it because he is 1. not a JW and 2. has NO DESIRE to be a JW and 3. the ink ain't dry on my divorce. Some of those old women act like they hate men, one even went so far as to tell me, "You don't need no man. Just concentrate on the new order when you be able to get a perfect husband. Deaden those body members, ( those are the ones that still remember sex) and just concentrate on meetings and field service. What you want with a husband?" HELLO!! I want to things the right way, according the the Scriptures, notice I said Scriptures, not JW World opinion. I don't want to grow old all alone, I don't want to live the rest of my life alone either.

I am told to "Wait on Jehovah, IF its his will that I get married again, then he will send someone to me" I contend that Jehovah does NOT play matchmaker. He gives us guidelines and then lets us make our own decisions, something the "oh so righteous saved and santified sisters in JW World won't do" Because of economic circumstances I rent a small place from a JW, and so I have to be extremely cool, and very discreet in my actions, a situation that will be rectified in the next 6 to 8 months. Once I get my degree ( Early Childhood Education) and land a good paying job, I am SO out of here and as far away from JW World (The sky is falling, the sky is falling) my skid marks will leave skid marks!

Quester55

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

You go girl!

• Casper
    Casper

Quester,

Welcome to JWD....

Sounds like you are ready to take your life back and start "Living"....

If it were me, I would do what I needed to do for "Me" and to heck with the "Old Ladies"...

Cas

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Welcome Quester55.............all sounds so familiar. Rule number 1: NEVER LISTEN TO JW WOMEN ON ADVICE ABOUT SEX AND MARRIAGE. From my own personal experience the ones who want to give the advice are the ones who need help themselves. When i became a jw i was a single mother with 3 little kids in my early 30s. The sister i studied with at the time i was pregnant with my 3rd and found out my husband was cheating (non-jw).......told me the night i found out about his cheating, that now was going to be difficult for me because it was a sin to masturbate! Hello! i was pregnant, sobbing, just lost my husband and she's talking to me about masturbating!!!!!thanks for the advice. This sister was married but as i found out over the years, was totally frustrated. She always gave the soon-to-be-married sister the sex talk and always answered up when there were sex and marriage studies or parts. She was also the most jealous woman i've known. She implied that i was a sex maniac, in the org. to find a man. i was a flirt and 'hold onto your husbands' because apparently i wanted all of them. in time (7 yrs of celibacy)i married a brother and we have been happily married 12yrs. we both left the wts several years ago and haven't looked back. actually, some of the sisters who had so much to say are now separated or divorced. You know what you need......go for it. Don't rely on unhappy women to tell you on what you need to be happy! Cheers, Bliss (-:

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why are there so many old women in JW World who are so down on men?

Because chances are good they were very mistreated by their jw husbands. I can't remember what thread it was on or who said it, but recently somebody said that the more spiritual a jw man appeared, the greater chance that he was a wife beater. I found that to be true in my marriage and in a lot of others.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome to Jwd,

Why are there so many old women in JW World who are so down on men?

It does seem like that at times, I found that most of these women were widowers and they just loved the freedom they had. Sometimes they

felt lonely but for the most part they liked the independence they had, and not answering , not cooking, cleaning, for anyone but their self

unless they invited company over. The older you get the more set you get in your ways I guess.

h4o

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't know. Men are pretty disgusting.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

There are a few women like that on this forum.

With JW’s I think that it might be because they know that in the ‘truth’ you will be with a man for all of your days, as they probably were, and you will never be able to leave him "until death do you part".

I would think that these women were with the wrong person for too long and now have issues, and the teachings of the organisation, and the bible come to that, dictate that you have to stay with the ‘wrong’ person come what may. It would think that these ones had very unfulfilled lives.

The good thing about being free is that you can think for yourself.

I used to love that "wait on Jehovah" speech. Yeah, just wait on Jehovah to put things right while you have to suffer being abused by a paedophile elder till you manage to find a third witness to testify. Mmmmm…..(this actually happened to a girl that I knew. She was told to wait on Jah).

You have to make things happen sometimes. Waiting on God may take some time, or never happen at all……….

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

many older JW women know that the WTS favours guys and will take their word above that of women. Some may know how hard it is to get out of an abusive marriage. I don't think they are against men but they perhaps have spent too long waiting on Jehovah.

edit: I'm glad you found a good person to marry and that you both are now out

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah hang in there until you can achieve that total financial independence you've got in a few months. It will be worth it to disappear from their shallow little lives knowing that you're going to have a great life, and that they'll no longer have any control over how you live it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit