Why JWs avoid sharing in toasts vs. wikipedia

by song19 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I inadvertantly posted this under Medical...then deleted that and will post it here...

The WT DID correctly quote from the 1995 handbook in its quote on toasting. Of course it is still warped and downright ridiculous to reason that an archaic origin that has no meaning today is a basis to ban toasting.

• Switch
    Switch

that's very interesting.

slainte

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

A number of years ago, I saw a documentary that included a piece on the origin of toasting. Ever since, I've been toasting away. I always did anyway, but after that I did it guilt free. The JWs focus on whatever is needed to prove their point.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

also, the key words in the quote are "Probably"..meaning it isn't even confirmed as having a pagan origin.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

The Witness view of not toasting is the most stupid thing I have ever head of. It is one more example of seeking as much control of peoples everyday freedoms as they can, do I hear the word cult in the distance and can I hear a amen. I am surprised they have not put restrictions on what hand you wipe you rear end with and if you fold it more than three times its considered demonic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit