Veil

by brofromzion 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

You're not the brofromzion. You're the bro from the dark ages. Get back into your time machine, you misogynistic freak.

I hope I spelled "misogynistic" correctly; it was hard to see my computer screen through my veil.

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

Hi everyone I hope all of you had a good weekend. Anyway I just wanna make a response to wobble's comment. I posted it below:

"brofromzion needs to read 1 Cor 11 not in isolation but in conjunction with the whole of scripture, for example Gal 3v28"There is neither Jew nor Greek,slave nor free,MALE nor FEMALE,for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

Is it logical to beleive that a man should not be veilled ,or wear a Tallith ,but a woman should?

Surely Paul is writing this so that NO christian worshipper wears a covering ,especially one connected with Judaism,and so verse 15 says"For long hair is given to her as a covering" not a veil."

Thank you wobble. Here let me post what I read on 1 Cor 11

1 Corinthians 11:1-16 [FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE, AS I FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF CHRIST. I PRAISE YOU FOR REMEMBERING ME IN EVERYTHING AND FOR HOLDING TO THE TEACHINGS, JUST AS I PASSED THEM ON TO YOU. Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. EVERY MAN WHO PRAYS OR PROPHESIES WITH HIS HEAD COVERED DISHONORS HIS HEAD. AND EVERY WOMAN WHO PRAYS OR PROPHESIES WITH HER HEAD UNCOVERED DISHONORS HER HEAD—it is just as though her head were shaved. IF A WOMAN DOES NOT COVER HER HEAD, SHE SHOULD HAVE HER HAIR CUT OFF; AND IF IT IS A DISGRACE FOR A WOMAN TO HAVE HER HAIR CUT OR SHAVED OFF, SHE SHOULD COVER HER HEAD. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head. In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God. Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.]

wobble, clearly it states that only women should have a cover on her head when she prays or worship God. Men are not to have a cover on their head. Now wobble, you interpret verse 15 as "long hair is the covering for women", then how can you explain if men has a long hair or even have a hair? If hair is the cover that Apostle Paul is talking about, then that case all men must shaved their head just as Paul explains in verse 6 that states "If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head." The Word of God doesn't contradicts itself. Clearly, Apostle Paul is talking about women should have a cover on their head when they pray or worship God with a presentable cover like veil.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [ 19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.]

wobble, Galatians 3:28 states that we are all one in Jesus Christ. That's true because Israelites and Gentiles are now one in Jesus Christ. Then if that's the case, everyone should follow the "law of Christ" because we are all under it now. I hope this is clear to you wobble. Also, to those who think my comment is "sexist" then you guys have a problem with what the Bible testifies. I'm just someone trying to be a good servant of God. God bless you all.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Also, to those who think my comment is "sexist" then you guys have a problem with what the Bible testifies.

Indeed. Many also have a problem with the slavery, genocide and sexual pillaging.

I'm just someone trying to be a good servant of God. God bless you all.

All the best to you, too, and may all of your children convert to atheism.

• parakeet
    parakeet

brfromzion wrote: "1 Corinthians 11:1-16 [FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE, AS I FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF CHRIST. I PRAISE YOU FOR REMEMBERING ME IN EVERYTHING AND FOR HOLDING TO THE TEACHINGS, JUST AS I PASSED THEM ON TO YOU. Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. EVERY MAN WHO PRAYS OR PROPHESIES WITH HIS HEAD COVERED DISHONORS HIS HEAD. AND EVERY WOMAN WHO PRAYS OR PROPHESIES WITH HER HEAD UNCOVERED DISHONORS HER HEAD—it is just as though her head were shaved."

YEAH, THAT WILL CONVINCE EVERYONE THAT YOU'RE RIGHT AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS WRONG. Loser.

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

parakeet said "Yes! There it is! The last resort of desperate nut jobs who are losing the argument -- LARGE TYPE.

YEAH, THAT WILL CONVINCE EVERYONE THAT YOU'RE RIGHT AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS WRONG. Loser."

parakeet, the LARGE TYPING OF LETTERS is to make it clear as crystal. As far as agreeing, that's up to the person and I don't force anyone to agree with me. Now by you calling me a loser that has nothing to do with what is the topic shows your ignorance and insecurity parakeet. If you have something to comment on the topic we are talking here, feel free. All I'm doing is trying to find the truth of God's will and only through God's words, the Bible, we can learn His will.

• parakeet
    parakeet

brofromzion wrote: "parakeet, the LARGE TYPING OF LETTERS is to make it clear as crystal. As far as agreeing, that's up to the person and I don't force anyone to agree with me. Now by you calling me a loser that has nothing to do with what is the topic shows your ignorance and insecurity parakeet. If you have something to comment on the topic we are talking here, feel free. All I'm doing is trying to find the truth of God's will and only through God's words, the Bible, we can learn His will."

My mistake, brofro. I had no idea that the size of the letters had anything to do with logic and common sense. After my last post, I thought I was too hard on you and that maybe you wrote in large letters so we women would be able to read your wise words through our veils.

brofro, are you even allowed to write to me if I'm not wearing a veil? You can't be too careful when God is so picky that he'll toss someone into hell for not wearing a piece of fabric on one's head. Who knows what other tiny detail will piss him off? By writing to me, you might already have committed an unforgivable sin.

Watch your back, brofro. God is always watching, and his will may be to zap you for talking to me, an atheist and part-time Buddhist.

(Damn this veil. I just accidentally dragged a corner of it through my pizza. Another drycleaning bill.)

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

parakeet said "My mistake, brofro. I had no idea that the size of the letters had anything to do with logic and common sense. After my last post, I thought I was too hard on you and that maybe you wrote in large letters so we women would be able to read your wise words through our veils.

brofro, are you even allowed to write to me if I'm not wearing a veil? You can't be too careful when God is so picky that he'll toss someone into hell for not wearing a piece of fabric on one's head. Who knows what other tiny detail will piss him off? By writing to me, you might already have committed an unforgivable sin.

Watch your back, brofro. God is always watching, and his will may be to zap you for talking to me, an atheist and part-time Buddhist.

(Damn this veil. I just accidentally dragged a corner of it through my pizza. Another drycleaning bill.)"

parakeet, that's not my wise words and that's God's words, the Bible, is what you are referring to. Again if you don't agree with what the Bible testifies then I have nothing more to say to you. Also, as far as going to hell, only God can decide on that and God will judge all men according to our works whether good or evil. Let's all do God's will to show that we love Him. God bless you parakeet.

• parakeet
    parakeet

brofromzion: "God bless you parakeet."

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

parakeet said "And Blessed Be to you, brofro. I enjoyed your posts immensely."

Thanks parakeet. It's really not that immensely of what I post. It is God's words and without Him we can do nothing. I have been trying to look up all the denominations out there and so many that my time is not enough to study each fundamentals. It's good to search before you pick a church. I want to pick the church that actually keeps all the laws of Christ.

Matthew 7:15-20 [ 15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.]

We all need to be careful. Many false prophets out there that looks like they keep God's will but inwardly they are wolves waiting to devour you. By looking at their fruits we can recognize them. So many church out there showing that they love God but in God's eyes their actions are heretic.

John 5:41-42 [ 41 "I do not accept praise from men, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.]

Clearly God doesn't accept praises from men. If you don't keep His commandments then you don't really love God. Even if a church worship God everyday, if they are not careful in keeping God's words then in God's eyes it means nothing. So let's keep what the Bible testifies, keep God's will and we will all be blessed! God bless you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit