Veil

by brofromzion 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

God bless you everyone. Thanks for you responses but I prefer to keep the "law of Christ" than you guys making your own opinion of how to worship God. A woman must have a veil when she prays and worship God. It shows that she is obedience in God's words, not the opinion of men on how to please God. Those who keep God's words are the ones who love Him.

Matthew 12:46-50 [While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."]

Clearly, those who do the will of God are Jesus brothers and sisters. So if we follow God's commandments, we are doing the will of God and we are showing that we love Him according to the Bible. So many people I have met tell me the only thing they have to do to receive salvation is to Love God and Confess his name. But…. do you know what kind of Love God expects from you? Have you checked through the Bible what is the definition of Love in the eyes of God. It is written:

1 John 3:18-Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Then what kind of action does God want from us?

1 John 2:3-We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

1 John 5: 2- This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome

2 john 1:6- And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

John 14:15- If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Deutoronomy 5:10-… but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deutoronomy 11:1- Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always.

John 14:21-21- Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

John 15:10- If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

Why does God continue to say to obey his commands?!! He says Love= Obey commands. If we say we Love God, yet we dont obey his commands God says we are liars in His eyes!!!

Very simple….
    If we Love God= Obey His commands.
    If we dont Love God= Dont obey commands.

Then check yourselves… are you keeping the Biblical Sabbath Holy as God commanded? are you keeping the Passover as God commanded? are you keeping the feast of God as He commanded? if your a woman do you wear your veil when you worship or talk to God? are you truly walking in obedience to His commands?! Please give careful thought to your actions. Dont just say I love you God, but show Him you love Him through your actions. Your God says to please obey his commands so that you can receive salvation. If we obey, we will be greatly blessed! God bless you all.

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

wobble said "Surely Paul is writing this so that NO christian worshipper wears a covering ,especially one connected with Judaism,and so verse 15 says"For long hair is given to her as a covering" not a veil."

wobble, if you know better than the Bible, go ahead and delete that part that says clearly that woman must have her head covered when she prays or worship God. I didn't make this up. This is what the Bible testifies. God bless you wobble.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

all my friends have invited me for at least one beer. even some people who i'm not that close to invited me for a beer.

i suppose god does not love me, as he never invited me for a beer.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

I didn't make this up. This is what the Bible testifies.

you didn't make this up, someone else made this up. but that does not make it any better...

and by the way: the bible doesn't testify a thing, the bible is just a compilation of random scripture, selected by the catholics.

• wobble
    wobble

Brofromzion does not answer how he explains Pauls words to the Galations "no male or female all are one in Christ" so I do hope he wears a veil when worshipping, he can delete this clear teaching if he likes, but if women should be veiled then so should men,if all are one in Christ.

I don't have time at present to expand on 1Cor.11,but hope to comment more in future, and about the whole mis-interprtation of subjection esp. the WT's, but just to read it in isolation from the rest of scripture and take it out of the first centuary Corinthian context is to follow the error of many who twist God's Word for their own ends.

Love to all, may god bless you too Brofromzion.

Wobble

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I like how you explain the Jews would "shave a womens head" when forcing her to be their wife after killing their husband and stealing their land..what a loving and kind "Godly" people.

• sparrow
    sparrow

When my wife goes under the covers to do her "thang", is that classified as a head covering?? It sure is godly...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Christ fulfilled the law therefore saying he has a law doesn't make sense - men have made that up! Christ way is of grace- you should follow the spirit brother and not manmade regualtions.

Why is it that religion want to keep women down??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

men obviously should wear beards by those standards

• james_woods
    james_woods

If you marry 12 ugly women when they are about 13 years old, make them wear prairie dresses, and beat the crap out them every second sunday, let your beard grow as long as Methusalah, and provide a living for your 96 kids by farming the welfare system...then -

You may get to grow up, go to heaven, and you will get 72 really really ugly virgin redheaded girls. 72 of them all ganged up might just be enough to kick your rotten sexist ass, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit