If the UN DID persecute the JWs..would you join in

by edward gentry 27 Replies latest jw friends

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

imagine this! what a tempting thought.
    The org, banned, Witnesses hunted like rats thru the streets as they sneak around in their reverse coats and changeable hats carrying out the preaching work. Outside your house an incident,three neighbours are beating up on a Witness, hitting him over the head with his own briefcase.
    Would you join in?

• JanH
    JanH

What would hurt him the most was knowing he'd been saved by an evil apostate!

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

No, I would not. I would help them. Jehovah's Witnesses are dedicated to thier beleifs as I was at one time. They have the right like everyone else does to live thier lives for what they want.

As Jan said, to help them may show them who is really thier true enemy, and it sure as hell isn't me just because I don't beleive the same as they do. Although, they probably would not accept help from an apostate.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

No.

They would relish the persecution and feel more affirmed in their choice of religion.

I just feel very sorry for them now and have managed to set aside all my 'hitting over the head with a briefcase' thoughts.... although I suppose it may knock a little sense into them!

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Jan. How cruel of you!
    Screwing around with his belief system like that.
    Better just to sink the boots into him, at least his psyche will remain intact.Confirm the opinions he already holds. Enjoy yourself.

(devils advocate)

• openminded
    openminded

For me, it would honestly depend on who it was.

• Seeker
    Seeker

I am 100% opposed to any government telling any citizen what they can or cannot believe. No religion should be banned, least of all JWs. I would not only not support such persecution, I would actively work to subvert it.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Absolutely not! would I join in, nor condone such abhorent behavior. I would do what I could to save him or her, as I would any fellow human being. As for a longterm solution, I would do what I do now via Amnesty International. Write letters, provide legal and monetary support for peoples' rights to say and beleive whatever their conscience dictates and not be tortured or persecuted for doing so. AI has even helped out JW's who find themselves behind bars for spreading unpopular opinions.
    No, no need to thank me, WTS, and JW's for supporting your human rights--it's just me, an evil ole' apostate/opposer, waitin' to die at yer god's hands, and have my innards picked out by the birds! You just enjoy your freedom and keep preaching my demise.
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it without fear of being tortured. It's called being human.
    Love,
    Bridgette

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

seeker. "No religion should be banned LEAST of all JWs"!!!!
    What is so holy about the borg that they should be the last church you should persecute?
    That is what you are saying.
    The dubs is ,categorically, the TOP ranking,Rotten sect on the planet. (sect as opposed to cult).The sooner the org is exterminated from the face of the earth the better.
    My opinion.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

No, absolutely not.

And damn it Jan how are we women supposed to concentrate on the posts with that sexy picture of you!

betweenworlds

"Rewards and punishments are the lowest form of education." - Chuang-tzu, Chinese writer (c.369 B.C.-c.286 B.C.).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit