Elders Appreciation Day?

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 36 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

OMG I have to barf now.

I burned all my highlighters and you should have seen all the pretty colors Day",

LOL at breakingaway

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I smell a grammy.

Ouch. That was UGH-LEE.

I am embarassed to have ever been associated with this group. KOO-KOO!

The Oracle

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

That was painful to watch, on many levels. Yikes.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

LOL - Bible Trivia was always good. Until one of the answers mentioned the cross.... tsk tsk tsk

• song19
    song19

I have seen this in every large congregation I have been in and it also depends on how liberal the PO is. One congregation did a huge party while a New York Bethalite came to visit. All hail the bethalite! CO and pioneer parties… very popular. I was never in any elite group to get a congregation party.

Has anyone ever wondered why Wedding and Baby showers are still permitted? Never mind the Wedding and the Bride being the CENTER of attention. I loved that part of my wedding LOL!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Two things. Number one...I don't know if it's the fault of the webcam (never owned one) or the capturing software, but a video encoded at 1-3 fps does not make for enjoyable viewing.

Secondly, although you guys are quick to give her a good ribbing for singing in that maudlin fashion, I do see potential. She clearly enjoys herself, though of course, the "worthy examples" of JWs who abandoned musical careers for Da Troof would put a stop to any encouragement of that talent. It's sad. With some coaching on proper phrasing, breath control, and dynamics, she could be a really competent singer.

Well, no point in learning how to sing well if the world's going to end tomorrow.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

This video gave me a good laugh. I remember those days. There was a yearly elder appreciation dinner in every congregation I've been in. It was by invitation only. of course, and even the talent was not allowed to stay for the whole evening. A similar event would happen each year for pioneers and in one congo it included various families coming and presenting gifts to the pioneers. The gifts were actually good.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We can say thank you to elders who invade our personal consciences and tell us what they should be-if they remember our names. . .but we can't thank the woman who pushed us through the birth canal, bathed us, changed diapers for years and fed us for 18 years? THAT would be showing worship?

I did like the sleeves on her jacket/top though. Kind of 'frivolous' for standard JW garb, but I liked it:)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. And for what? Appreciating the hounders for hounding us into more field circus? Sticking their noses into private areas in our lives with regard to sex, home decorum, clothing and grooming, and what we watch and listen to? Telling me to just meet men?

I am not celebrating Hounder Appreciation Day. I would rather stick with Christmas and birthdays. At least Jesus did not go around hounding people to always go out in field circus, attend all the boasting sessions, poke his nose in people's private affairs, and tell me to just meet other men.

A better idea: Apostate Appreciation Day.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The second last congregation I was in the elders had their cliques and boy if you were rollin in dough you got the invites to the elitest. Also these ones had parties for the CO. Pioneers, and for got about those who made up the humble part of the congregation. it isn't any wonder that some many leave in droves.

That cong. would have dinner parities every weekend one at ones place and all around the circle and then they would start over. Was I envious, ? No I was hurt. I thought we were all christians with no class distinction and that we were to invite all rich or poor. May most of them didn't read the same bibile I read. OH yeah they read their own version of the NWT. Which of course is so full of holes you could float a boat in the KH.

Elders appreciation Day is big in some halls and other halls I went to it was the same thing. The last cong. I was in before I left the organizaiotn never ever invited us to anything because my husband now my ex acted so weird that no one wanted him around. He tried to provoke people talk at the top of his voice, be obnogeous, try and interupt everyone and had no respect for anyone, he alone wanted all the attention. Hence I never got invited back to their homes. How wierd was my ex, well he was so weird that the brothers often forgot he was in the back of their vans or cars listenning intendly like a rat or a mouse so quietly to hear everyword the elders discussed about people and the congregagtion and he would come home and tell me everything that was happening in the cong. or organziation. I was so pissed with him I approached the elders and told them to stop telling him things as I didn't want to know the confidental matters in the KH or info about what problems were in some homes and the fights in other homes. It was disgusting I just felt like I spoke with a stone wall. They never did a damn thing to stop him, that I am ever aware of.

Holp crap didn't mean to take off in another direction, sorry about that.

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit