Elders Appreciation Day?

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hi everyone, here I come, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

I have been trying to keep from expressing my volatile opinions and doing pretty well until I came across this rediculous video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZRVkey5yI

We all know how the jw's are not allowed to celebrate birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc because it makes you the center of undue attention. Apparently the elders are allowed to be the center of attention now? Perhaps this attention is due them as opposed to a Mother receiving attention is undue her?

What do you think of this? Has anyone else heard of this elder appreciation day crap?

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

in two of my old congregations they were known both for throwing "pioneer appreciation parties" where only pretty much pioneer/elder families attended and also having gatherings for only elders/ms's families. who wants the peons at the parties?

Morph

• asilentone
    asilentone

She is brainwashed. That is for sure!

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

...and....LOL at the video. can you imagine her singing the songs at the hall? holy crap...

• shamus100
    shamus100

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE???

OMG.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Funny you should say that...because we just had a party for the Circuit Overseer for all the hard work him and is wife has done. We rented a hall and had a big party, and it cost quite a bit. Nothing was special about it, apparently this congregation has been doing it for years, Ive only been in this cong for 10 months. First time Ive ever seen this.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Creature worship is only allowed if you have a title inside the org.

Rank and file, mother, father doesn't count. Must be an organizational title.

Why don't we celebrate GB day tomorrow? (It's Wednesday, so the buggers are going to their weekly meeting to debate and see if they've made a 2/3 majority over something yet.)

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    Funny you should say that...because we just had a party for the Circuit Overseer for all the hard work him and is wife has done. We rented a hall and had a big party, and it cost quite a bit. Nothing was special about it, apparently this congregation has been doing it for years, Ive only been in this cong for 10 months. First time Ive ever seen this.

just about every hall i attended as a child would always hold gatherings sunday evening for the CO on his last day there. i've not noticed it so much in recent years though often they will still throw something the weekend of his last visit (before moving on to another circuit)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All Praise..........................Guillotine 3.."Elder`s Appreciation Day"..Guillotine 3........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Since Witnesses don't celebrate any holidays or birthdays they have to come up with stuff to celebrate.I admit I didn't get through much of this video though.......just freaky ! It seems if you attach a JW label to something, then suddenly it's okay.And then they have the nerve to bash the Catholics for "sanctioning" things they say are wrong.

How about: "I'm gonna blow a gasket if I have to play one more Bible Pictionary game" DAY ? , "Self-Righteous Pioneers Day", "I burned all my highlighters and you should have seen all the pretty colors Day", "Push your meeting/service bag any farther under your seat so I have no foot room and I'm gonna shove it up your.........Day"," I survived the District Convention but I'm never going back Day".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit