Is it wrong to burn people to death?

by DoomVoyager 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lrkr
    lrkr

But what if its cold out???

Or what if you need some more light??

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

As a person that got scalded with hot rice when I was a child, I'd say, yes, it's wrong! I just remember Mom falling over me while I was sitting on the kitchen floor. I passed out after that. It just took the first layer of skin off my entire arm and part of my shoulder. You would not be able to tell that I was ever scalded.

It was very painful!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is wrong to initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against another or their property. And that includes burning (or threatening to do the same) someone at the stake for the sake of enforcing knowledge.

Additionally, stoning someone to death to enforce knowledge laws is just as bad.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It is wrong to initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against another or their property. And that includes burning (or threatening to do the same) someone at the stake for the sake of enforcing knowledge.

Additionally, stoning someone to death to enforce knowledge laws is just as bad.

Just think about burning someone in hellfire forever and ever! Just for telling a lie or something!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Cremation is not my gig! carmel

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I support capital punishment, because some people simply cannot and will not ever be rehabilitated. They cannot safely mingle with society. Since we are talking about people who can't and won't change their ways, they are a danger to the rest of society. As a protection to society, the most merciful thing to do is to execute them in the most painfree method possible.
    To burn someone to death would be inhumane in the extreme, as the amount of pain is very high, and death does not come quickly. However there are other forms of execution in which whatever suffering takes place is over very quickly, and some forms in which there is little or no suffering.
    Believing that "God" is going to step in some day is an old, old argument to induce naive believers to accept a less than ideal life now and for the foreseeable future, in the vain hope that someday, it will get better.
    We don't have to think that way anymore. We can make our lives better NOW. No need to wait on a fictional God who will *never* take action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit