2008 Keep Yourselves In God's Love--PDF!

by Atlantis 97 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope4Others:

Thank you!

I don't know how they do that. Pop to the front. But, they are good at it!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

How interesting that the topic of sexual abuse is missing and the need to report abuse

Thanks Atlantis

• 10p
    10p

actually, the directness makes it easier to attack.

Like appendix 1, "How to treat a disfellowshipped person" says :

Regarding everyone that "does not remain in the teaching of the Christ," we read: "Never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works." (

2 John 9-11 )

From the New World Translation itself - 2 John 9-11:

Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

The scripture actually says ANYONE who does not believe in Christ should be shunned. Its is in fact not 'Regarding everyone that "does not remain in the teaching of the Christ"'.

It will be easy to point this out to my wife- that you can even see why the GB had to split up the quotation like that, so that they could twist the meaning of the scripture. Otherwise, they could have just quoted the scripture verbatim.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Lady Lee:

How interesting that the topic of sexual abuse is missing and the need to report abuse

Good grief! You would think that information would be the most important! Not even a mention? Unbelievable!

Thank you!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

10p:

Yes, the Watchtower Society leaders are masters at "twisting" scriptures to suit their agendas.

Thank you!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I downloaded the pdf...and scanned through the appendix....(i should be doing homework..lol)

looks like we have a consolidated one-stop-shopping for rules and regulations..... Pharisees....

As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

a whole bunch of reprints...has writing dept taken such a hit in personnel that they are reduced to this? Where is the "meat in due season"?

(Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. {10} Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. {11} There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow. {12} I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. {13} I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! {14} I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Snakes (of the "missing the Grand Boasting Session for the first time this year" Sheep Class)

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks Atlantis... I appreciate the time and effort you put into providing us this "spiritual food at the proper time" .....

• Balsam
    Balsam

Its just another book they will be using to being people into the mind control making them believe that God commands it. Lots of double speak, same old dribble about blood, disfellowshipping and the continued lack of love and isolation from the rest of humanity.

They try to come off so special, so unique yet they are so obviously lacking in education. The book could have been written for an 8th grader. I always wondered why later books tried keep the books so simple as though they were talking down to people. In the old publication they were so wordy and convoluted they were hard to understand. Then from the "Truth" book on they became so simplistic not really examining anything in depth.

Ruth

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hey did anyone notice that divorce is permissible if the mate turns against the religion and tries to get the wife or husband to go along with it.

Exteme spiritual danger is grounds for divorce.

• VM44
    VM44

When will The Watchtower just dry up and blow away?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit