For not wanting religion you sure discuss it a lot..Are you still on JWD?

by Quirky1 37 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

QUIRKY- You are probably here, like many of us to inform yourself about things you were not allowed to discover while still a witness. Like all of us you were under " information control " by the Watchtower society- only allowed to know what they wanted you to know. Now you have the freedom to really find the real " truth " about the truth - and that involves exposing what you were taught in a religious way.

Your wife is probably scared you really MIGHT find something worthwhile here - that's why she tells you not to look ! She is scared of change , not only in you, but that she might be enlightened away from the " mind control" she is under from the Watchtower society. Fear does weird things to people

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Flip my man...you are very logical with your reasoning.

Reasoning? Did I just say that? I sound like a witless!!

• carla
    carla

My jw doesn't like me going to all the apostate sites either. I don't when he's around. We have to come here to keep up with what insane thing they might do next! I tried making a deal with mine, you don't go to meetings or have anything to do with jw's and I will not go to anymore apostate sites or have anything to do with such evil ones, he wouldn't agree! go figure.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I'm just here for the fluffers fluff,....

• Layla33
    Layla33

Even though the main theme is ex JWs and those fading, etc there are so many other topics that are discussed. I don't really discuss the JW topics too much, unless it's supporting someone trying to leave, etc. To be quite honest, being on here has been the most I have even thought about the JW religion in years and even at times, I just read other topics. It's just a common theme, like ex British people or former Mormons, I don't think it has anything to do with wanting a religion per se, it's just a common thread that we share.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Great! How many of us are thinking" my wife thinks I'm Quirky1" LOL

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Flipper

QUIRKY- You are probably here, like many of us to inform yourself about things you were not allowed to discover while still a witness. Like all of us you were under " information control " by the Watchtower society- only allowed to know what they wanted you to know. Now you have the freedom to really find the real " truth " about the truth - and that involves exposing what you were taught in a religious way.

Yep, I agree. Most of what I now know about the WT's Truth ™ , from their own literature, was found right here on JWD. "Information control" was so very complete, as to keep our cult addled minds extremely naive.

I had NO idea about the WT's New Light, Dim Light, Green & Red Lights and most especially the Verboten OldeLight ! I remember in 1976, just before quiting as a Reg. Pioneer, when the WT chastised us peons who thought 1975 was going to be something "special". "Some have went passed God's Org." and "assumed" 'the Sky was falling'.

I was questioning an Elder about it and he quickly stopped me with a warning,"Bro. Rabbit, that kind of thinking sounds apostate! We have to wait upon Jehovah! Besides...saying doubts out-loud is dangerous! The demons can't read your mind -- but they can hear you. They will single you out for special attention -- to break your resolve. You are on thin ice, brother. Do you want to make Satan happy ???"

"Umm, no." And there I stayed for 30 more years.

During that time the WT took my mom's life (blood issue), destroyed my family (when I started leaving) and I'm still dealing with the shunning from my own children and half of my family.

There is a lot of debris to pick-up, fences to mend and of course, help my children to see the 'Truth about the Troof', before I have to attend another loved one's funeral because, they will refuse a blood transfusion.

This site helps me see what has worked for others, hopefully my experiences will help others deal realize they are 'not on their own'. Also, knowing what the WT is up to is like reading a barometer...I know what the 'hot issues' are going to be in Dub Land -- before they do.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Layla - I agree with you in the area of helping others out of the religion.

Treadin' - Are you insinuating that everybody's wife assumes their husband is me????

Rabbitt - Like others have mentioned it is a good tool for people to use to help them see the religion for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit