For not wanting religion you sure discuss it a lot..Are you still on JWD?

by Quirky1 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is what my spouse said after I mentioned issues I have seen on here...the BS being combined, the Bethelites being reassigned, the possible termination of CO's, etc..

She said if that I didn't want anything to do with religion that I shouldn't even be on this site looking into issues such as these. It has made me to wonder if she isn't right. Am I just trying to reason with myself or am I seeking to avenge myself against the WBTS? Is there probable cause for me to be here?

• jstalin
    jstalin

I'm here for the fascinating discussion. I have to say that this is by far the most interesting message board I've ever been involved with. Perhaps it's the same for you?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am just here for the personal support and warm encouragement.

People here respect boundaries, and each other. It is a much more loving nonjudgemental environment than kingdom hall.

X-JW blessings,

BTS

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My ex said something similar to me. She thought I should just "get over it" virtually overnight. I think it's unrealistic to expect me to simply erase 20+ years of life from my memory as though it never happened. The consequences of my decision to join the cult will remain with me for my entire life.

W

• fifi40
    fifi40

Burn..............gotta hand it to you.......................sometimes you are soooooo funny

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

For something that we all lived and breathed, it's reasonable that we are so interested in the latest developments. There is a valid point in this though: we have to ask ourselves if we've moved on, or, if we haven't, what we need to do to move on.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I ask myself the same question. Since the first 40 yrs of my life were wt yrs, i may never totally get over it.

S

• hubert
    hubert

Don't forget, we are also here to help others. We all were helped when we first came on here, so why not help the "newbies" if we can. Plus, every once in a while there are new developments to add to our "portfolios".

Keeping one step ahead of the Watchtower Society is what it's all about.

Hubert

• beksbks
    beksbks

I have to agree with jstalin here. I have been out of the org for over 20 years, and I am completely at peace with the decision. I have no use for religion whatsoever. I enjoy this site, because it is interesting as heck, so diverse, and everyone has one aspect in common.

Quirkmeister, you know you're here because of the great people, and it's just plain fun! That would probably bug her more than anything though Tell her you're here for the WereWolf!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm only here for the health insurance and free beer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit