"fade" Is this term or other "apostate" vocab being used in talks by JW's?

by Thechickennest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

However, ex-JW's have taken the term "apostate" (which the WTS uses in an attempt to demonize us) as a term of pride. I'm proud they call people like me an apostate, whether or not they're technically correct. It's an honor to be dishonored by such a hideous bunch as the leaders of the Watchtower Society.

We even call some of our ex-JW parties or get-togethers "apostafests".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They usually use "drifting away" instead of "fade". Such ones are usually "inactive" or "spiritually weak".

There are, however, other terms that could be even messier if they get back into the Kingdumb Hells (and, fair warning to anyone thinking of recapturing me to use me for that Value Destroyer Training School: I WILL bring them in). Some of those include witlesses, washtowel (the magazine), Washtowel Slaveholdery, Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, Kingdumb Hells, boasting sessions, hounders, Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, Asleep (the magazine), and the venerable field circus. Let those terms show up, and people will begin to think for themselves and perhaps start fading themselves.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've never heard a JW use the term "fade" but I heard the word "deadbeat" tossed around a lot.

W

• willyloman
    willyloman

I had a "public talk" that featured an illustration of a boat coming loose from its moorings and drifting out to sea, slowly. This was likened to "brothers" who didn't keep a firm grasp on "the truth" and drifted away, never to be seen again. I stole the illustration from someone else, of course, and that's the point. Dubs use "drift." They don't use "fade."

The elder who used "fade" in his PT (earlier poster) is probably spending some quality time on the web doing "research." Wave to the man!

• james_woods
    james_woods

When we hear them use the term "borg" we will truly know that the end is near.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I've never heard the word "fade" used in that context but "drifting away" is often used.

Rub a Dub

• james_woods
    james_woods

There used to be a term bandied about (but not, as far as I know, ever actually printed) about persons who "studied themselves right out of the truth". I think I first heard it in the old congregation overseer's school - probably mentioned by instructor Schroeder, a famous bad actor on "not going beyond the organization".

It was used to describe people who became aware that something was kind of wrong with certain teachings, and who then underwent an intense research into what the society actually had written on the subject. Many times this ended with enlightenment and freedom for the studier - a major disaster in the eyes of the society loyalists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit