"fade" Is this term or other "apostate" vocab being used in talks by JW's?

by Thechickennest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I am picking up a whole new set of terms, abreviations, etc. from this forum. With the number of increasing active JW's veiwing and using this forum I was wondering if this new language is making its way back into talks, meeting parts, preaching work or other areas in the social lives of current JW's?

Maybe some folks still in and active could answer this question. Thank you!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would believe that "fade" is the word apostates use, not JWs. They might say he fell away from the truth.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

SO: yes, "fell away" is a good example of an old witness term and cliche.

• chickpea
    chickpea

to utilize the jargon from an internet site that supports the fallen and faded would be tantamount
    to admitting to being disobedient to the direct prohibitions handed down by the GB

a genuine bozo no-no!

• changeling
    changeling

I've never heard a witness use the term "fade". Weak, inactive, irregular...yes.

changeling :)

• lrkr
    lrkr

As soon as they start using the words "indoctrinated" "brainwashed" or "dub" I'll know they have been lurking here.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

My JW has never used the term "fade" himself, but he knows exactly what I mean when I use it, no explanation required.

• yknot
    yknot

I have heard fade in the last month come from a big city visiting brother's mouth during his PT!

I heard self description of being 'Dubs' by teenagers.......Saying things like the Dub life is hard, I wish I could try out for football next year.

• asilentone
    asilentone

yknot, I am sure the teenagers has been reading this board!

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

fade = drifting away

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit