Stats from USA elders meetings - ANON source

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Very informative.

So, from these numbers you can see that most of these ex-bethelites are 'regular publishers'. This means they must work to support themselves, right? Well, I hope some of the brothers with businesses have given some of these people jobs.

I wonder how many of them in the past made unkind remarks about 'materialism', 'higher education' and 'careers'. If they did, they are certainly eating their words now.

I also wonder how many of them traveled and gave talks in congregations and spoke against 'higher education' and 'careers'? I wonder how many gullible young persons listened and took to heart this advice and are now suffering for it. How many listeners are in middle-age or older and struggling to make ends meet in a failing economy when they have no college to back them up?

I just hope that nobody thinks John Q Publisher, who has worked full time his whole life and had to listen to judgmental remarks about it, should be giving anything to these people.

I hate to say it but I am glad I am finshed with this religion and do not have to be anywhere near this situation.

LHG

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    They all have the equivalent of a college education since reading the WTS literature

just as well since they aren't allowed to go to any other type of college without losing their priveleges

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    89% have decided not to become Special Pioneers.

They decided?

Hardly. It was decided for them.

The layoffs were strictly a cost-cutting move. Paying $600 / month plus health care for the special pioneers is not cutting costs! Thus there are very few of them.

I imagine the special pioneer gig was given to those who had the most seniority, or who had the best connections to the bigshots.

A cynical person would say the ones were assigned to be special pioneers were the healthiest of the lot, in order to keep health care costs down. But me, I'm not that cynical.

I see, I thought everyone asked to leave was given the option of becoming a Special Pioneer, I guess not then ? In that case, I'd imagine there's more than a few pissed off people.I just hope it motivates them to take a good look at what the bOrg has done "for" them.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Quirky and others: I know the ANON is reading this, so if the person wishes to comment I will pass it along.

Randy

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Knock! Knock! Hellooo ANON.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit