Stats from USA elders meetings - ANON source

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

2,000 un-employed Bethelites...so sad...will they all end up working at McDonalds? The pay and conditions are better then Bethel???!!!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

So if 1728 left in last 3 yrs to become reg pubs., that's 29% of them leaving fulltime service altogether.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thanks Randy! Very interesting.

A 1/3 reduction in Bethel staff was about what I'd suspected.

I was surprised that only 11-12% will remain in full time service - and just a handful will go back to Reg Pioneering! So much for this "staff reduction" filling the congregations with much needed Pioneers! Looks like we've got a couple of thousand potentially pissed off ex-Bethelites. Come! Join us here at JWD! You are welcome here and we will not lay you off.

S4

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Flipper,

I went into Bethel in a class of 80 in 1974 under a mnadatory 4-year plan. By the end of the FIRST year, 40 had left. :-))

Seeker,

Let's start a new Beth-Sarim. We will use Besty's house.

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/bethel.htm

Bethel Feast!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

70% of bethel family has more than 5 years service

6% have between 5 and 24 years

That doesn't seem to jibe.

BTS

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Looks like seniority keeps the ones who are remaining still in the house...at least for now. And those are probably couples with absolutely nothing to go back to...no homes, no possessions. It's easier to send singles back out into the world, for the Borg at least.

A THIRD have left in only three years?? Dang if that doesnt scream "DOWNSIZING" i dont know what does!

More for US!! (happy dance!!)

And I would bet those who were sent out as "Special Pioneers" have a time limit on them for being SPs. Like, ok, we will pay you as Special Pioneers for the next 24 months, but in the meantime you need to actively look for ways to support yourself because ours will end then.

D

• sir82
    sir82

6% have between 5 and 24 years

It's pretty clear that this is the group that has seen the biggest downsizing.

Not surprising...if they got rid of a bunch of guys with 25+ years service, they'd look look (even more) like heartless bastards.

By dumping folks in their 40 & 50's, they seem more "reasonable"...there's a (slight) chance those folks will be able to readjust to life in the "wicked old world". There's still time for them to accumulate the 10 years of earnings needed to collect Social Security & Medicare when they hit 65.

And of course there's the (future) health care savings to the Society, very likely the prime reason for the layoffs..

I expect that that from here on out, there will likely be a steady turnover churn as folks hit year 20 or so of service. Take 'em in while in their early 20's, dump ' em out when they get into their 40's. Exceptions made for a handful of "superstars", of course, or those with valuable skills.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Lets not forget that the original reasoning when they started the layoffs was that the end was so close they needed as many people as they could out in the field and that all these new pioneers would help the local congregations. I guess they didn't factor in burnout... lol.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Burn... look at my first post above, I think the stat is 70% have LESS than 5 years of service. That's the only way the numbers add up to 100%.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Randy,

First of all....

Hi Dogpatch.............wondering if you could shed some light on numbers leaving the WTS, congregations dissolving, df'ings etc. Second, is there significant reasoning for the down sizing that you or your contact is aware of? Thank you, Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit