The Society does it AGAIN.

by Yerusalyim 21 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

MadA,

Actually, my "purist" remark was made tongue-in-cheek, but thanks for the information you presented. I often wondered how the Society could pinpoint the date so far in advance and what would happen if the weather turned cloudy!

Yes, Yeru,
    the Society likes to be 'more Jewish than the Jews'. The FDS is, after all, "spiritual Israel." But they also have to be 'different', hence the insistence on the quirky time difference further explained by MadA above.

Blue,
    I don't like the Pope's outfits. But I DO think he's a nice guy!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

My dear children,

The hat above is OK but this is my all-time favourite hat.

I only wear it on special occasions and sometimes when I'm feeling horny.

The Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You can read the story about how I got my favourite hat here : . http://anti-social.co.uk/popehat.shtml

Pope

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

RR:

Actually there are times when the Society is months off from the Jewish passover,...
    PLEASE provide proof of your statement. (Noted that you state "months" -plural.)

It's suppose to be the first full moon closest to the spring equinox.
    Needs clearer wording, and even then the statement isn't absolute, depending on what "system" is used.
    (Trying to recall the explanation isn't worth the effort.)

Bible Students normally use the Jewish calender and celebrate Jerusalem time, which is usually the day before their passover.
    It appears you are trying to salvage your earlier statement regarding time zone differences.
    What ARE you saying here? Are you saying that BSers start celebrating prior to sundown in the US, because, since there is only 8 hours (I thought it was 7, but Yeru should know.) difference between Jerusalem and Eastern Time Zone, a day in Jeru is the same day here, except that it is 8 hours faster.
  • MadApostate
    MadApostate

Out:

My abbreviated reply may have given you the wrong impression, based o my reading of your second paragraph to Yeru.

The modern Jewish calendar is based on astro charts, and is scientifically precise. The WTS uses the same charts, but rather to "predict" when the new moon will be "visible" in Jerusalem. However, as I previously indicated, this "prediction" does not account for bad weather, which would occasionally throw off the old Jewish system which the WTS only attempts to partially duplicate.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Now hear this! The Poop has turned up missing. Please, everyone, do your part to find the Poop. Search under every twig of leaf until he is returned to his throne. Don't forget to look under his ... hat.

Daniel 11:35 ... a prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Friday,

Typical of a dyed in the wool JW when a serious question is brought up to denegrate the clothes a man wears, or bring in some nonsensical and unrelated nonsense. Is it any sillier than the dubs requiring suits be wore to all meetings and out on "service"? The pope's outfit designates his office. Pure and simple. Friday, none of this changes the fact that while supposedly basing their silliness on the bible that the society is off on the mark for the Passover as they are on most other issues.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Right Yeru, the JWs' cheap polyester suits are a worse uniform than anything the Pope and his crazies wear for laughs! I can always smell their BO at the door in Summer - isn't that a stumbling block to those of us who appreciate good personal hygiene, Friday?

A pity your people can't calculate the memorial date correctly - I suppose it doesn't matter, because no one partakes! What a bunch of *#^$wits! LOL

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Yeru

Is it any sillier than the dubs requiring suits be wore to all meetings and out on "service"? The pope's outfit designates his office.

LOL!!!! Who said anything about "silly"? only you Yeru. So you think that the Pope's garb is "silly"? That's quite revealing, Yeru, I must say for sure.

Then you say:

The pope's outfit designates his office. Pure and simple.
    You tell the truth again, Yeru ... twice in a row! I'm beginning to feel right proud of you. And you're so right, that's a get-up that is quite distinguishing. Of course you haven't the slightest idea what I mean by that.

As to witnesses going to their meetings and out into field service dressed in attire becoming of ministers, that's a whole other matter you see. Most of the clergy of Christendom do the same thing. You won't see too many of her preachers not sporting a suit, either when delivering their sermons or going to visit someone sick. You show the same unreasonableness that you forever have, Yeru.

~~~~~~~~~~

Stephanus

I can always smell their BO at the door in Summer - isn't that a stumbling block to those of us who appreciate good personal hygiene, Friday?
    That's nothing, I can smell your BO all the way over here. Besides, I say that you're a friggin liar. You "always" detect BO??? How ludicrous! One time I guess that a brother came to your door at the end of a hard days work, and you smelled a little sweat from his labor. And you decided to stretch that into being "always". Ha! You lying agitator! You're problem is no doubt the fact that you never do enough to work up a little perspiration. Get a life, Stephanus. And above all, quit lying! Oh, I forgot ... that's something that you are addicted to isn't it. Well, try anyway.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well, well, well, somebody's been taking his grumpy pills today! I see you've learned nothing from you quiet time away from this board - don't go too far, Friday, or you'll find yourself with no way to vent on apostates for another couple of months! Actually, your cowardly brethren don't bother me anymore - I believe they put me on the do not call list without my consent.

Are you an active 'Witness, Friday? I understand you're not - I thought Jehovah only had servants, not cheerleaders... You're kind of like a terrorist who hides in caves and encourages others to do the hard, dirty and dangerous work.

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit