An Illustrated Guide to Obama’s Gun-Grabbing

by BurnTheShips 59 Replies latest members politics

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Regardless, I think the topic of gun control is a non-issue. Gun ownership rights will eventually over time be eroded away in the US. Right or wrong, it's going to happen. The last thing the Federal Gov wants is citizens that can actually serve as a militia. I personally don't think it has anything to do with crime, it's a control thing.

IF we let it happen, it will be our own damned fault.

BTS

• dawg
    dawg

Just when I think I've heard it all from Burns... he never disappoints, he first states...

"I disagree. "the pen is mightier than the sword"".

Until you can give me examples where pens were used to kill people, then I'll have to say you have no evidence to back this up... this is a saying, a cliche... nothing more. But you follow with this....

"The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to resist the forces of a tyrannical government. How is that possible with weapons inferior to what a soldier carries? Are you going to fight an armed goon with a flintlock?"

Lord man, do you really think you can stand up to the current Army we have with anything you might possess at your home? And not only that, do you really want nut jobs with tanks living next door to your home just so you can "resist the forces of a tyrannical government" as you put it.

There will be, as there should be, limits on what "arms" a person might be able to carry... you can quote anyone you want that lived before these "arms" were created, but there's no way you can argue that the framers wanted us to have arms which had not been invented yet. No way would the framers of our Constitution want the populace standing by with nuclear arms or any device that might be lobbed by a fool at Congress at anytime of the day.

Thank goodness there's a voice of reason in this country. The Courts have ruled that gun control laws are constitutional several times... good for them.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Thank goodness there's a voice of reason in this country. The Courts have ruled that gun control laws are constitutional several times... good for them.

DC vs Heller is in front of the Supremes as we speak, I expect it will roll back decades worth of unconstitutional restrictions. The DC gun ban will go bye-bye, and it will set the stage for many other municipalities.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Lord man, do you really think you can stand up to the current Army we have with anything you might possess at your home? And not only that, do you really want nut jobs with tanks living next door to your home just so you can "resist the forces of a tyrannical government" as you put it.

Tanks are not standard issue infantry weapons, neither are nukes, cannons, fighter aircraft, battleships or submarines. Automatic rifles, sidearms, grenades, etc, are weapons issued to a foot soldier. That is the parity.

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    "The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to resist the forces of a tyrannical government. How is that possible with weapons inferior to what a soldier carries? Are you going to fight an armed goon with a flintlock?"

"live free or die' still sports about on a licence plate up east.

And yea... if the boots ever come through the door, the enemies of the people , foreign or domestice, will be in for a whale of a time.

I really dont care how "outgunned" a population is compared to the paid army that attacks them. A few guys with "sporting" guns take a small unit of regulars... if tactics are good and things work out..now you have a few insurgents with GI weapons and load-out for same. Multiply by 1000 and you have a long, long, low morale, tour if your one of the regulars.

Now days we call it "insurgency"... we used to call it guerilla warfare. Underground resistance is hard to eliminate.

Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The late great Col. Jeff Cooper said it best:

The media insist that crime is the major concern of the American public today. In this connection they generally push the point that a disarmed society would be a crime-free society. They will not accept the truth that if you take all the guns off the street you still will have a crime problem, whereas if you take the criminals off the street you cannot have a gun problem.

In the larger sense, however, the personal ownership of firearms is only secondarily a matter of defense against the criminal. Note the following from Thomas Jefferson:

"The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government."

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.

and

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hillbilly,

Have you ever read Unintended Consequences?

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Have you ever read Unintended Consequences- BTS

Cant say that I have. I think I have read a ton of Col. Coopers writings. He passed this last year. The no -nonsense, no excuses mental game he taught should be required study for even those who are anti-gun.

The guy had "grit".

Hill

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

They broke the mold after him. I wish I could have met him.

I have "To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth", and "The Art of the Rifle". Both by Cooper.

Here is the Unintended Consequences, an friend loaned it to me a few years ago.

BTS

• kwr
    kwr

Don't worry Obama will never be president.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit