An Illustrated Guide to Obama’s Gun-Grabbing

by BurnTheShips 59 Replies latest members politics

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It is not frightening, it is just reality, we live in a democracy and the president we choose has the power to appoint a judge with a different interpretation that what we believe, but that is democracy.

It actually is frightening if you elect someone with totally diffrent values from your own.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you for posting that info Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It is not frightening, it is just reality, we live in a democracy and the president we choose has the power to appoint a judge with a different interpretation that what we believe, but that is democracy.

JG, it is the job of the judge to interpret and apply the law as it stands, and not add a personal political spin, be they liberal conservative or other. I support the appointment of originalist judges. If there is a problem with the Constitution as it stands, it can be amended appropriately by the Legislature (as has been done), which is directly accountable to the people.

BTS

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah, good point Burn, thanks for bringing that up.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

JG, it is the job of the judge to interpret and apply the law as it stands, and not add a personal political spin, be they liberal conservative or other. I support the appointment of originalist judges. If there is a problem with the Constitution as it stands, it can be amended appropriately by the Legislature (as has been done), which is directly accountable to the people.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think I've stepped into a parallel Universe, it must be last night's Chivas on the rocks and Jose Marti smoke, or it is the result of indigestion provoked by 14 gallons of motor oil.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I think I've stepped into a parallel Universe, it must be last night's Chivas on the rocks and Jose Marti smoke, or it is the result of indigestion provoked by 14 gallons of motor oil.

!Viva Martí!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    !Viva Martí!

It was aiiight, I guess. I bought a box of 25 for 35. Magnums. Too cheap to pass up but I've had lots better.

OK back on topic.

BTS

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OK back on topic.

As you wish.

Viva Charlton Heston!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am waiting to see how the USOC rules in Heller v Washington DC... if the DC gunban is overruled there is a good chance all other state and Federal gun laws will be in court challenges soon.

All current gun laws apply only to those of us who play by the rules. Criminals dont do back ground checks for example. The saw off whatever they steal.... I dont think you will find a lot of $1200 Colts or Kimbers out on the street...

The 94 assault gun bill... from memory here... about 2% if banned guns had any tie to armed crimes. I was a petty law... you could have a big magazine without a bayonet lug... threaded barrel without a folding stock etc... the only concrete thing to come of it was 10 round mag limits for new guns for a few years... again affecting firearms that criminals dont use often.

Based on Obamas voting record in Ill... (ya'all look it up) he's a gun grabber of the first order.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit