"Outing" yourself

by sooner7nc 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• milligal
    milligal

I know how painful the process of df'ing is, so I would not ever tell anyone what they should do, all I can share is this one short story:

I was sitting in my office one afternoon years after being df'd and along comes a witness woman who I called my best friend for a long time. After years of shunning she came appears at my door, sits down and starts chatting about her kids, dating life, her ex, yada yada yada....I was surprised but I was polite. Before she got up to leave without batting an eyelash she told me that she would like it if I kept our visit to myself...she didn't want anyone knowing she spoke to me. You know, in the real world this would be a slap in the face.

Well the thing is (I have no one 'on the inside' to tell-like I'm going to run out and rat on her) but we're adults, we live in a free country and anyone who feels like they have to live their lives outrunning the WT gestapo has it pretty bad. I mean, you are who you are...if you are afraid that the WT is using this site to stalk you -then maybe it's time to ask yourself who you really are; and how long you're willing to pretend you are someone else....don't give them that power over you.

At some point most of the people here found that they didn't want to live by those rules any longer-and that is a liberating place to be.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I've thought of taking my picture down,but no one from my hall has called to check on me in like 2 years. They've seen me about 3-4 times in that time period, none asked how I was or where I had been. Out of site out of mind, I've always felt.

Either they like you or they don't, and at this point I feel many could care less about me...if you aren't a 'superfine' christian then OBVIOUSLY you are spiritually weak.

I had a brother say, "something must be wrong with you." I wanted to smack him in the mouth with the bible and tell him I'm just fine,maybe it's the Jw's. It's taken me 12 years,but I've finally realized I AM fine, and no..... my 'thinking' doesn't need to be adjusted.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks for the thoughts people.

s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit