"Outing" yourself

by sooner7nc 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

This question may be stupid, and if so, let the flaming begin. Has anyone ever used this website as the vehicle to "out" themselves from the WT? Would the Mods allow this to happen, or would they quash the attempt as soon as it started. I'm asking this question with the belief that the WT monitors this site, and also because of other reasons that I choose to keep to myself. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

sooner

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

People have been outed. Some very intentionally and others by a few comments about themselves and family that identified them.

I don't know if there is any watchtower directive for anyone (bethelite or other) to monitor this site, but it's clear that it is watched and people (active posters and lurkers) seem to have no qualms about doing their own investigating, reporting and outing.

In the past year and a half there was a fair amount of drama over the exposing and outing of a few well-known and well-liked JWD posters.

Caution should be exercised by anyone who wishes to remain anonomous. Don't give out too much personal info or identifying info/circumstances about yourself.

-Aude.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

we have seen a few folks post pictures and full names and hometowns. Richie Rich comes to mind.

If you want full disclosure thats your business I guess.

Hill

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks for the comment, but I guess the true spirit of what I'm trying to say is that I hope they are monitoring it. I suppose the easiest way to put it, would be that I want to use this site to make known my feelings about the WT, to the WT. I don't want to write a letter. I don't want to set foot in one of their horrible halls again, and I damn sure don't want any "Elder" to come to my door, because I sincerely worry about my ability to control my temper.

sooner

• wings
    wings
    I sincerely worry about my ability to control my temper.

I personally am drafting a DA letter....it helps with the emotions, and is a more direct and honest route to outing....just my 2 cents

wings

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Just in Feb 08, a jwd member was outed, family turned him in but they (elders)had

printed pages & pages of his comments when he got to his Jc elder meeting.

h4o

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Just in Feb 08, a jwd member was outed, family turned him in but they (elders)had

printed pages & pages of his comments when he got to his Jc elder meeting.

h4o

Really? Cool I would like it if they would pull that one on me. It would be lots of fun.

• Layla33
    Layla33

It's possible. My advice is to be honest about how much you want to share on this forum or online and don't part from that. For some like myself anonymity is where I would like to stay. I have chatted with a few on here, but I will only go so far, other have raised red flags because they ask way too much personal information and then imply that it is necessary that I tell them everything about me. I always skew it a bit and then pay attention when I know this person is actually sharing my personal information with others online and actually looking like a fool in the process.

I never give out too much concrete evidence on myself on this website or anyone else - I generalize, it isn't just because I feel some people on here are so indoctrinated with outing people and spreading their business online, but it's just online behavior period. You do not know these people, you have no idea their mindset, you have no idea about their motives. I had a terrible experience with stalking online, this person spent money and time trying to get my information, everything - I had to contact the authorities.

That's not to say I can't be friendly and caring online, I have and am, especially when people ask for my experiences regarding the JW religion etc but when someone asks me for a lot of personal information and implies that I need to talk to them on the phone or whatever, I ignore them. There are a few people on here that PM each other other people's personal information without that person's knowledge, that's part of online forums, so don't give it out and ignore those that seem extra interested in knowing all about you, where you live, and all of that. They are most likely knee deep in cult indoctrination, an online stalker or someone that gets off on trying to spread other people's information that they "scored" to make themselves look good to others.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I put my picture up here because I just don't care. In my introduction I shared my story and every bit of it is true. So if they find I'm important enough to watch, then perhaps I'll put up a picture worth looking at. LOL!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yawn, scratch . . . stretch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit