how to make the perfect sandwich

by wings 36 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

First you have to have an appreciation for the fact that it is an art form.

Like an appreciation of music....endless possibilities.....

Then you have to start with good fresh bread, if you don't have that, you won't hit perfect. Hot or cold? Doesn't really matter...perfection can be found either way. To me is is also about the sauce...mayo, tweaked a bit with some spices. Niger or lime juice on the lettuce...lettuce shredded. Red onions, peppers? Which cheese? Home smoked meat sliced thin...yes....make it a little spicy....oh yes....wish I had some good bread, I'm hungry.

There have been times in my life that a good sandwich will bring me back to the land of the living, remembering how good a simple thing can be.

wings

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ugh, you lost me at mayo.

• JK666
    JK666

I am getting hot just reading this! I love your passion for things culinary.

JK

• wings
    wings
    Ugh, you lost me at mayo.

OK Sir....what sauce do you like?

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I made an incredible sandwich the other day... buttered, toasted ciabatta bread with salmon, special sauce, tartar sauce, muenster cheese, jalapeno cream cheese and alfalfa sprouts. Tasted a whole lot better than it sounds.

Mmm... wish I was eating it right now.

• wings
    wings

fadeout....sounds wonderful....what kind of salmon, left over or smoked?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Don't forget the tomatoes, cucumbers and pickles.....and a little Italian dressing...

....wish I had some good bread

Pick up a bread maker, fresh daily....

In a hogie style or sub bun....parmesan and oregano

h4o

• Fadeout
    Fadeout
    fadeout....sounds wonderful....what kind of salmon, left over or smoked?

Surprisingly, a frozen salmon burger patty. I never woulda guessed it'd be decent, let alone delectable!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This is the perfect sandwich. My mom begs me to make it when she visits.

Grilled Tomato Smoked Turkey And Muenster Sandwich

* 1 tablespoon minced red onion
    * 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
    * 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    * 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    * 4 teaspoons butter, softened
    * 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread
    * 6 (1-ounce) slices fat-free, honey-roasted smoked turkey breast
    * 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices tomato
    * 2 (1/2-ounce) slices Muenster cheese

Directions

1. Preparation
    2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread 1 teaspoon butter on one side of each bread slice. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard mixture over unbuttered side of each of 2 bread slices; top each with 3 turkey slices, 2 tomato slices, 1 cheese slice, and 1 bread slice (with buttered side out).
    3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the sandwiches; cover and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That does sound good. For me - simple is best. Just BBQ meat heaped up inside a crusty roll - nothing to mess it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit