Your favorite and least liked society publication?

by Celtic 38 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Sirona

My most favorite is The Finished Mystery. I got a copy when our PO was "clearing out" the library and throwing away old books (I didnt realise at the time, but clearly some apostates had crept in and were using the KH library!!) I sifted through and picked up a couple of goodies. That book told me how FREAKED OUT CT Russell was.

Wanna know what is even freakier? Russell didn't write the book! Clayton Woodworth and George Fisher did. Russell had very little to say on Revelation, less than one third of the book contains half quotes by Russell, the rest was added by Woodworth and Fisher. Woodworth was probably the strangest. It is no doubt that he was the true interpretor of the book. Just look at the articles he wrote and edited for ther "Golden Age" magazine.

• nelly136
    nelly136

wow ginny, my writings like that.
    I dreaded the book study and the babylon book
    it was sooooo thick compared to the others
    and seemed to go on forever
    nelly

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Favorite: Mankinds Search for God
    Least Favorite: Youth book

• openminded
    openminded

Least favorite: School brochure- what a complete load of shit that is.

They should change the name of it to- " We want our JW Kids To Be Freaks Brochure"

Most Favorite: dont have one

• r51785
    r51785

My favorite book was "Millons Now Living Will Never Die." I was so excited to learn that Abraham, Issac and Jacob were to be ressurected in 1925.
    My least favorite book was "Your Will Be Done on Earth." I was disappointed to learn that Kaiser Wilhelm II was really the "King of the North" spoken of in Daniel's prophecy. I believe that this is an unfair characterization of a poor man who was born with an unfortunate birth defect. I hope the WT Society will reconsider this interpretation and perhaps change its position on the "King of the North."

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ya Mulan Ed wrote that I think R wrote the 'happiness' book or something!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Sirona
    Sirona

RR, WOW I didnt know that. how strange.

Did he write the Millennial Dawn series? I have one of those too, volume 6.

Can you believe that the old elder was also throwing into the rubbish a bible printed 1836? I got it, I couldnt believe his disrespect for such a lovely old book. Its KJV.

Sirona

• RR
    RR

Sirona

Did he write the Millennial Dawn series? I have one of those too, volume 6.

Yes, Russell wrote the Millennial Dawn books, the name was changed to "Studies in the Scriptures." He wrote the first six volumes, and had always talked about a seventh volume on Revelation. The last volume he wrote "The New Creation" was written in 1904.

Can you believe that the old elder was also throwing into the rubbish a bible printed 1836? I got it, I couldnt believe his disrespect for such a lovely old book. Its KJV.
    Not surprising. I recall a letter sent to the congregations from the Society that they wanted to stock up at bethel with older books they didn't have extras of, they specifically asked for Russell and Rutherford era books, but moreso Russell's. Congregations would then turn any old books over to the Society, as a contribution to their libraries. This letter was apparently not sent to all districts, because I know of some elders who say they never received siuch a letter, so apparently the Society only sent them to certain districts where older books were known to be laying around in libraries. Anyways, I was later told by some bethelites that the books were destroyed. I believe Randy Watters confirmed this for me once.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Venice,
    I asked Dave, and he said R was the primary writer for the James book, with input from Dunlap. And he wrote the Choosing book. That's why it went out of print.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit