Your favorite and least liked society publication?

by Celtic 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Did you have a favourite publication? What was it,and why?

What was your least liked publication? What was it, and why?

Creation book for the shady WT take on science.

Unseen Spirits, Do they help us or do they harm us? (celtic shudders in memory)

peace

celtic

• larc
    larc

Most favorite: Let God Be True.

Least favorite; Life.

• patio34
    patio34

Most favorite was the recent Creator book and

least favorite was The Greatest Man.

• Prisca
    Prisca

My most favourite was the Greatest Man book simply because that book helped me realise the vast difference between the teachings of Jesus, and the WTS today. It helped open my eyes to the similarities between the Pharisees and the leaders of the WTS. Thus it enabled me to leave the WTS knowing that they weren't following Jesus' example, nor were they as inspired as they claimed.

• DB
    DB

I think my fave is still the Commentary on the Letter of James. It's a straightfoward commentary and the commnets on each verse are easy to find. The Revelation Climax book is layed out similarly, though that book is not one of my faves.

My least favorite is probably the All Scripture Inspired book, followed closely by the Creation book. The newer Creator book is pretty good.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hmmm....favorite was greatest man, least favorite was...all scriptures inspired and I really thought the young people ask was a bunch of hooey!

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

My favorite was the dark red one about drunken harlots riding on big multiheaded beasts.

My least favorite is that little blue book that spoke about paradise where all the zoos would be opened and the lions will eat lamb grass. (least favorite because i helped propel it to the best seller list .. Mao's little red book gave us a run for our money at one stage)

colorblind unclebruce

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Interesting side point Ed Dunlap wrote 'Commentary on James' no wonder you liked it!

favs prob the greatest man book, because it was the least doctrinal. Although I loved the creation book in school.

Least fav. ALL THE REST OF EM!!!!!

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

My favorites: The Greatest Man book and Commentary on the Letter of James. Those books seemed to be the most 'normal' that the Society put out.

My least favorites: The 2 Isaiah books. More specifically, the thought of spending 2 1/2 years (from now until November 2003) studying those poorly-written, boring, misapplied book at the book study on Tuesday night is VERY bad.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

"More specifically, the thought of spending 2 1/2 years (from now until November 2003) studying those poorly-written, boring, misapplied book at the book study on Tuesday night is VERY bad."

WELL that's easy JUST DON'T GO!!!! hahahhahah

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit